Chapter 8

✿︎ 𝐋𝐞𝐢𝐥𝐚𝐧𝐢 ✿︎

I stretched my arms when Mr.Aizawa finally dismissed us for lunch break.

This morning, I woke up with a severe headache, which is still present. I didn't even have the opportunity to see Yuzuki and Mizuki. I'm really hesitating about whether or not I should tell them what happened yesterday.

Me who thought it was all a dream when I woke up... It's the little note Kirishima left that proved me wrong.

"Sleep tight."

How can I possibly face him after the whole scene I offered him yesterday? He must find me pathetic. Oh gosh, how I wish I could delete my memory.

Delete that one moment. Delete the time I began seeing him handsome. Delete the time I began enjoying his presence more than I should have. Maybe even delete the first time we truly spent time together.

Who am I kidding? Even if I had the three wishes of Aladdin, I wouldn't be able to ask for them. I cherish those moments too much.

What the-

"Guess who it is~"

I directly recognized Ochako's voice and Tsuyu's scent. Yes, I recognized her scent.

"Ochako?"

"No," she answered with an even higher voice.

"We need to head quickly to the cafeteria if we want to have the best part, Ochako," Tsuyu stated, causing our friend to leave me and run.

A while later, while the three of us were sitting at a table, my brunette friend suddenly hit the table with her utensils, staring at me.

"I can't do this anymore!"

"Ochako, we promised," Tsuyu said, blocking our classmate's mouth.

"Promised what?"

"Nothing no-"

"Ashido and I heard you cry last night and wanted to come to your room, but then remembered that Kirishima was in there, and we also heard something hit the wall, so we were all, including the girls, worried!" she blurted out before taking in a great quantity of air. "Are you okay?"

I looked at them, unable to say anything.

"Sorry, Leilani. We weren't even supposed to say it, but I guess it was too heavy for Ochako," Tsuyu said, realizing that I was bugging at the moment.

"I... It's okay."

"So you didn't fight?" both interrogated at the same time.

"Fight? Why would I fight with Kirishima?"

"Yes?" a familiar voice said behind my back, sending chills up my spine.

God, not him. Not now.

I leaned my head back on my seat to meet his red eyes. We stayed like that for around five seconds before I uttered a quick "hi", followed by him doing the same.

"We weren't talking about you."

"Oh okay. Bye then."

"Bye."

I looked back at the girls, who were now covering their mouths while shaking their heads. I should admit that I myself am surprised. We addressed each other as mere strangers. All that because of one night? I can't believe that.

At the same moment, all the other girls left their dinner table, which is two tables from ours, to come to sit with us.

And that is how I began explaining the events of yesterday's night, skipping the miserable moments when I cried like a baby, of course.