Finding out

(TRIGGER WARNING for all of these parts. Talking about self harm and sexual abuse)
Char's pov:

Mia is coming to pick me up for work today again, but as she pulls up she looks so sad and distracted. I walk over to her car "hi Mia!" I say as she looks at me about to cry "char" she begins crying, as I walk over to her side of the car "Mia are you ok?" I ask really concern because she doesn't cry much, she doesn't respond. as I see her cry I stroke her arm and she flinches "I'm so sorry did I hurt you?" I mumbled "no, I'm so sorry it's me don't worry." She reassured me "does your arm ache or something?" She ignored me starting at the floor "mia, please answer me are you ok?" I say as my tone gets a little louder.

She started to say something but started crying before any words came out, I reached in to her to give her a hug and again as I catch her left arm she flinched, "darling can I please see your arm?" I said calmly knowing something is wrong "no!" She says raising her voice. I crouched down down beside the car so I'm looking in her eyes, she quickly looks away so she's not making eye contact and by this point I'm really worried about her, I gently grab her hand pulling her arm closer "char don't please" she mumbled.

I gently pull her sleeve up she started cry again as I saw all of these fresh cuts on her arm. "Mia can you please tell me what happened and when" I looked in her eyes as tears rolled down her cheek, she does respond "Mia please" I say to her trying to figure out what happened "I'm not mad at you I just want to know what happened." She begins to look up wiping her tears of her face "umm char" she said softly "yes" "I'm so sorry" she begins to cry again as I hold her in my arms. "Mia don't apologise," "did you.. um" I started but I couldn't say it. She looked in my eyes and began saying "I'm really sorry I just couldn't handle all this pain anymore" she said as she started crying again "Mia I'm so proud of you remember that!" I said looking straight into her eyes.

"I'm fine." She looked back at mine, but she was distant almost distracted almost , I knew something eas wrong before she told me she didn't seem like her usual happy self. I knew I had to help her but I didn't know how, I tried to talk to her to distract her from it but the look deep in her eyes was guilty.