Confession

(Trigger warning) shelf harm)

(Char's pov)

I sat on the edge of our bed, my heart pounding in my  chest as I waited for Mia to come home. I had noticed the signs - the long sleeves in the middle of summer, the sudden need for privacy in the bathroom, the distant look in Mia's eyes. I knew what it meant, but I  had hoped it was just my imagination.

When Mia finally walked through the door, I could see the pain etched on her face. I hesitated for a moment before taking a deep breath and speaking up. "Mia, darling, is everything okay?" I  asked, trying to keep my voice steady.

Mia looked down at the floor, hands fidgeting nervously. "Charlotte, I... I need to tell you something," she said quietly, her voice barely above a whisper. I felt my heart clench in my chest as I watched Mia struggle to find the words.

Finally, Mia looked up, tears brimming in her eyes. "I've been cutting myself again," she admitted, her voice breaking. "I know I promised I wouldn't do it anymore, but... I couldn't help it. I'm so sorry, Charlotte."

I felt a wave of emotions wash over me - sadness, fear, anger, but most of all, love. I moved closer to Mia, taking her hands in mine and looking into her eyes with all the love and compassion I  could muster. "Mia, sweetheart, I'm here for you. We'll get through this together," I said softly, wiping away Mia's tears.

We sat there in silence for a moment, letting the weight of Mia's confession sink in. I knew that this wouldn't be easy, but I  also knew that our love was strong enough to overcome anything. And as we held each other close, I vowed to be there for Mia every step of the way, no matter what challenges lay ahead.