Chapter 2: Fairies

{CONTEXT: Fairies were ethereal tiny creatures that flew and harnessed luft and erde magic (air and earth in German). Rare ones were born feuer (fire) types, and the royals were born light types. Fairies with dark magic were typically imprisoned or enslaved, and the rare few who survived were hunted. Some times recessive genes can cause sub types or a different magic type from the parents altogether. The fairy kingdom was ruled by royals, but certain laws were left to the public via polls. Fairies made profits from growing crops, making medicines and remedies, wood, and powerful gems that harnessed magic used for spells and welding.}

In the royal family, there was quite a stir. The new monarchs, Meadow and Faunia were newly wed and already pregnant. They admit it wasn't planned, however they grew to accept and embrace the baby as their own. The baby wasn't very active, but Faunia  spiritually felt her child inside her as a part of her. Fairies all across the land were shaken at the idea of an upcoming future heir, and there was even a poll on guessing the gender of the baby. As they prepared for their baby, they bought cribs and all types of toys. Tailors worked day and night to provide for the baby's upcoming wardrobe. As the pregnancy grew closer, the gender of the baby had been announced; it's a boy Happiness flooded the cities as the royal duo's child was a boy, blue flyers were hung and blue confetti filled the streets. Everything went smoothly, until one summer day Faunia's water broke. She was flown to a hospital in a panic because she wasn't due in another two weeks. The royal couple arrived in a heartbeat as Faunia was experiencing complications. The world seemed to freeze when the doctor's expression turned from serious to horrified. He pulled out a lifeless underdeveloped baby, not the healthy one she had felt inside her. The baby was declared dead at 5:19 PM, apparently it had been a stillborn and the reason why it wasn't kicking or being active was because it was dead. The couple went into deep mourning as their only child hadn't made it. Faunia was traumatized and developed long term traumatic disorders because of the long term heartbreak and mental strain she endured.

She complied with the H.U.B.'s request and had donated the little magic left from her baby contained in a beautiful peridot gem to the center of Pluto, where they used it to help construct the human they were experimenting with magical abilities contained within a normal human.

As the mourning fairy kingdom shriveled by the loss of their child. This brings us to our next species, Werewolves.