*̩̩̥͙ -•̩̩͙-ˏˋ⋆𝕋𝕙𝕖 𝕆𝕥𝕙𝕖𝕣 𝕊𝕚𝕕𝕖⋆ˊˎ-•̩̩͙- *̩̩̥͙

Mikey sits in a booth seat, deep in the diner's corner. After such a horrible argument with her brothers, she's just tired. Someone sits in the seat in front of her. She glances up, seeing Big Mama. Big Mama looks Mikey up and down before speaking.

"Right here, right now. I put the offer out. I don't wanna chase you down, but I know you see it. You run with me, and I can cut you free! Out of the drudgery and walls you keep in." She speaks in a persuasive tone, before getting interrupted by the waitress setting their drinks on the table. Big Mama continues.

"So trade that typical for something colorful! And if it's crazy, live a little crazy! You can play it sensible, a queen of conventional, or you can risk it all and see..." Big Mama trails off, but Mikey gestures for her to leave. She continues to attempt persuasion.

"Don't you wanna get away from the same old part you gotta play? I've got what you need, so come with me and take the ride. I'll take you to the other side! You can do like you do, or you can do like me! Stay in the cage, or you'll finally take the key! Damn, suddenly you're free to fly! I'll take you to the other side-" Mikey cuts Big Mama off.

"Okay, my 'friend'. You want to cut me in? Well, I hate to tell ya', but it just won't happen. So thanks, but no. I think I'm good to go. 'Cause, I quite enjoy the life you say I'm trapped in. Now, I admire you and that whole show you do. You're onto something, really it's something! But I live among the swells, and we don't pick up peanut shells. I'll have to leave that up to you." Mikey attempts to stand up, but Big Mama pulls her back down. Mikey glares at her before starting up again.

"Don't you know that I'm okay with this uptown part I get to play? 'Cause I got what I need, and I don't wanna take the ride. I don't need to see the other side! So go and do like you do, I'm good to do like me. Ain't in a cage, so I don't need to take the key. Damn! Can't you see I'm doing fine? I don't need to see the other side!" Mikey stands up. Big Mama, in a last desperate attempt to convince Mikey, speaks up.

"Now is this really how you'd like to spend your days? Whiskey and misery, parties and plays?" Big Mama gets cut off again.

"If I were mixed up with you, I'd be the talk of the town! Disgraced and disowned, another one of the clowns!" Mikey laughs spitefully, getting annoyed at Big Mama's desperation.

"But you would finally live a little! Finally laugh a little! Just let me give you the freedom to dream and it will wake you up, cure your aching, take your walls, and start 'em breaking! Now that's a deal that seems worth taking! But I guess I'll lead that up to you..." Big Mama trails off, noticing Mikey get slightly interested in the offer.

"Well, it's intriguing, but to go would cost me greatly. So what percentage of the show would I be taking?" Mikey looks back at Big Mama, awaiting an answer.

"Fair enough. You want a piece of all the action? I'll give you seven, we could shake and make it happen?" Big Mama offers, tempting Mikey into accepting.

"I wasn't born this morning. Eighteen would be just fine!" Mikey spits out, a bit frustrated by this situation.

"Why not go ahead and ask for nickels on the dime?" Big Mama looks frustrated as well. This initiates a back and forth.

"Fifteen." Mikey states.

"I do eight." Big Mama replies.

"Twelve." Mikey spits out in frustration.

"Maybe nine." Big Mama states with annoyance.

"Ten." Mikey states. They both smile.

"Deal." Big Mama accepts. They shake hands, and Big Mama slips something to Mikey. A black and yellow kitsune mask with "Null" engraved into the back. Mikey puts the mask on, and the user interface begins to load. Once it loads and Mikey is no longer blinded by the mask, Big Mama begins to speak.

"Welcome to the leagues, Null."

🎉 You've finished reading *̩̩̥͙ -•̩̩͙-ˏˋ⋆𝕋𝕙𝕖 𝕆𝕥𝕙𝕖𝕣 𝕊𝕚𝕕𝕖⋆ˊˎ-•̩̩͙- *̩̩̥͙ 🎉