♡ᐢ..ᐢ School Traditions ᐢ..ᐢ♡

┏━━━━━༻❁༺━━━━━┓

Hoseok had to suppress the grin trying to form on his lips as he saw yet another student walk past him with the top button on their school uniform missing. 

"After transferring to Seoul I'd have never expected to be met with such cute school traditions!" Hoseok cheered as he walked into the teachers office.

"You mean the whole 'giving the top button of my school uniform to my crush on graduation day'?" Namjoon asked, getting an excited nod as response.

"Yeah I suppose it's quite cute" Yoongi mumbled, slightly smiling at Hoseoks overly happy reaction towards the matter "Even though we're advised not to engage as teachers, I think it makes up for good entertaining"

"Exactly! I love the drama!" Seokjin perked up, having just entered the teachers office. "It's only 8 am and I've already seen some students with their buttons missing" Hoseok inserted, his heart shaped smile lighting up the room. "There will be so many new couples at the end of the school day!"

Yoongi chuckled, shaking his head before padding Hoseok on the shoulder "I'm glad you're having fun, just remember, 'no engaging in the love life of our students'" He playfully imitated their boss, aka, the principals' words, making the other teachers laugh.

"Yeah I know I-" Hoseoks eyes wandered to the clock on the wall "Oh shi-shananigan! My class starts in 2 minutes! Bye guys!" And with that, the male was quick to leave the teachers office.

"So.." Namjoon nudged Yoongis shoulder, earning him a raised eyebrow "You gonna give your button to him?"

Yoongis eyes widened "S-shut up Namjoon" The males cheeks started to feel a bit too hot for his comfort "How old are you guys?" He rolled his eyes at Seokjin smirk, before making his way out of the room as well. Mumbling something about still having to grade some tests.

Although Hoseok was happy for his students to graduate from high school, it had always been a bitter sweet feeling for him.

After all, he taught with so much passion and excitement, not getting attached to some of his favourite students was an impossible task for the brunette.

The same feeling bubbled up when he wrapped up his first class of the day and eyed the faces of the students he'd been teaching this past year, wondering who they might end up being in their futures.

"Taehyung-shi!" Hoseok smiled in surprise as one of his favourite students stayed behind after the rest had already left for the next period.

But his smile faltered a little as he saw the panicked face the usually bubbly boy was sporting.
"Everything alright?" The teacher asked, eyeing the way his student was frantically looking underneath every desk in the classroom.

"N-no!" Taehyung huffed, desperation filling his voice "I can't find it! I just can't find it anymore!"

"What exactly are you looking for?" Hoseok stepped closer, unconsciously scanning the floor as well.

"My button!" And that's when Taehyung lifted his torso up so the missing top button of his school uniform was visible.
Hoseoks mouth shaped an O shape, before a grin appeared on his lips "perhaps it's in your crush's possession?" He teased, regretting it as Taehyung looked at him devastated.

"No Mr. Jung! I wanted to give the button to my crush but I lost it! And now-" his voice became a bit smaller "and now I'll never be able to confess"

This made every hopeless-romantic-by-nature alarm bell in Hoseok's head go off. A high school crush which was never fulfilled because of one small misconception? Both parties moving on with their lives but regretting the brutal fate destiny had chosen for them?