Chapter 47

Chapter 47
Mallika and Jiya considered renting out the house to generate additional income. The house was large and in a good location, so a good rent was expected. Now she was looking for a place where she could start her new life away from Vikrant and which would not be heavy on the pocket.

After much deliberation, both of them decided to move to Chandigarh. It was a small town, full of greenery, and all the hill stations were also nearby. There was no better place in Mallika's mind at the moment.

She asked her mother, "why do you want to go to Chandigarh? Have you ever been there before?"

"No, I have never been there, but yes, I want to explore. I want to settle down there. I told you about my childhood friend Aman; he lives in Chandigarh with his family. I met him recently on Facebook. On one such day, in conversation, he invited me to Chandigarh."

Hearing this, a mischievous smile came to Jiya's lips.

"Is he married or not?"

"He has been married for many years but is now divorced. Currently lives alone with his parents."

She thought in her heart."I think it's good news. What's wrong if her mother's life can be happy again?"

"Jiya You don't stress your mind too much to make two and two...four. There is nothing but friendship between us. It's not about Aman; it's about your pregnancy. How will I handle it alone if some problem arises in an unknown place? If there's an acquaintance, it will be helpful to us. I spoke to him on the phone. He said he would help us find a home."

"Okay, mom, anyway, I want to get out of here as soon as possible."

Mayank was quite worried about Jiya. He wanted her to come back home and sort out her problems with Dad soon. He didn't know where Rahul had disappeared; his phone had also been switched off for so many days, and he had not even come home.

He asked Anu, "Did you know anything about Dad's and Jiya's fight?"

"Yes, Dad has told me all about it. But I can't tell you at the moment. You are too young to understand the issues between adults."

"Oh! Please stop treating me as a child. I'm sixteen years old, and I understand everything."

"Okay, then listen. Jiya was having an affair with Rahul."

He was shocked to hear about their affair.

"How did you know this?"

"I have seen the CD of their affair. That's why Rahul is missing. I thought Jiya was a good person; I didn't know she would turn out to be so bad. And I still can't believe she did it."

Even after hearing this, Mayank did not say a word against Jiya.

"Do you remember Jiya mom's words and what she said?

"When you come to know the reason why I have left this home, you'll hate me like your dad. All I want to say is that the truth that you will be told is an incomplete truth. And sometimes things aren't what they seem."

"Jiya mom has been implicated, sister, and of course Abha aunt has a hand in it. Now I understand why she slapped Aunt while leaving.

Sister, you yourself think, why would anyone make a CD of their affair? I don't know what the whole truth is, but my heart says she can't cheat Dad. She didn't take anything from the house and didn't ask for money.

This only means that she is not greedy for money, and as far as her affair with Rahul is concerned, I believe only a girl can marry a man who is twenty-two years older than her if she truly loves him. I don't want to comment on her without knowing the truth."

Anu did not agree with Mayank completely, but she did agree with some of his words. In this entire episode, Abha Aunt's role was under suspicion because she did not stop Jiya even once, nor did she ask Dad to stop her; on the contrary, she was telling him to forget her.

A phone call came from the office. So Vikrant had to go to the office. He would leave the office early in the morning and return home late at night. After formal interaction with the children, he stayed in his room. Anu tried to talk about it several times, but to no avail. He didn't want to hear or understand.

Daringly, one day, Anu and Mayank reached his room to talk.

"Dad, we need to talk to you."

"About what?"

"About Jiya."

"You both go to your room right now. I want to sleep."

"Dad, let's say Jiya cheated on you, but still, you shouldn't have slapped her. Her cheek was swollen due to your slap; her lip was cut; and her nose was bleeding. If she was really bad, while leaving, she wouldn't have said...she loves you; take care of him.

Dad, whoever sent you the CD, wanted you both to separate. Keep your heart aside and think about it with your mind. Maybe you can see the truth."

"Anu, stop advocating for Jiya and go to your room."

"Dad, how would you feel if, in the future, after marriage, Anu Didi makes a big mistake and her husband also raises his hands on her in anger?"

"Stop the nonsense and go to your room. I don't want to hear her name or see her face again."

"Dad, we both went to Jiya's house. She has left Mumbai. She has also changed her phone number. No one knows where she has gone. You will never be able to see or hear her again.

A beautiful twenty-tthree-yyear-oold girl married a forty-three-year-old man simply because she loved him dearly; otherwise, there was no shortage of young, rich boys for her.

Anyway, now that she has left you, maybe after some time on social media, you will see her as the wife of another person who will be her age and as rich as you. In this case, the loss is only yours. Put your heart to the side and think with your mind; it is not difficult for you to find out the truth."

♥️ Soniyea
** Thanks for reading the story. Don't forget to vote, follow and comment.