A little warmth.

This day, the fuse must have blown or maybe Peter went completly off. He couldn't remember. The fact was that he was standing next to Hoffman, in a dark room with only the dim light of the emergency exit who reflected into Mark's eyes, bathed his face with a strange red color.
He remembered thinking Mark never looked this good, this tempting.
It may be the light, or the fact they were stuck in the archive room in the dark.
''Can you hold my hand ?"
Mark asked lowly with a trembling voice.
It was that, maybe, this voice in particular that made him this seductive.
Peter couldn't remember.
''Why ?"
He answered in a whisper, almost grunting at the asking.
''I just need a little warmth.''

He didn't know why he held the man's hand. What he said wasn't an argument, or at least not a good one.
But Peter held it anyway.
He held it coldly, in a deathly strenght. But he held it anyway. The light reflected into Mark's eyes and, for the first time he saw sadness in it.
It made Mark miserable and seductive. It made him handsome and accessible.
''I'm not fond of contact''
Peter began, swinging their hands to avoid the sting in his stomach.
''I'm not talented at this at least.''
He added unsure, looking for discomfort in Mark's eyes, something to make him back off even tho he didn't want to strangely.
''It could be our secret, that you're good at it.''
Mark said in a weird smirk.

Again, Peter couldn't remember how and why but when the lights finally turned back on, he kept the man's hand in his.
They shared a strange look like they couldn't believe what was happening.
''Do you want me to turn the lights off ?"
Mark asked mockingly, lowering his eyes on their still joined hands.
''No. I'll go home and ignore what happened, and you by the same occasion.''
Peter answered breaking the contact quickly and closing his leather jacket.
The air was cold on their palms and it felt like someone teared a part of their skin appart. Like siamese twins you tear appart, like soulmates who's forced to break their link.
''I will not ignore you back.''
Mark confessed lowly watching the man open the door to go out this room.
''I hope so''
He thought.
''Yes, you will.''
He said, and left rapidly.

As soon as the door closed, fuse blew.
There, in the darkness, Mark couldn't remember how and when his heart started beating at the sound of Peter's steps.
Something glowed in his eyes but it wasn't a feeling of revenge or anger, not even sadness. A tear fell on his cheek and he asked himself
''Why me?"