Homecoming

Jace

College was an interesting experience, but I was happy to get home and start working with Dad. My idiot brothers decided to pursue their baseball careers. They got drafted our senior year and left school much to our parents dismay. I didn't blame my parents for being annoyed with Dallas and Braydon. Who the hell leaves college during senior year?

The scouts wanted me to sign, but I chose to work with Dad at Harper and Harper Construction. Plus, I hadn't seen Jules since I left for college. Every time I came home, we always missed each other. Then, I got busy with school and baseball.

I dated a few girls in college but nothing I wanted to remember. My brothers, on the other hand, stuck with Darby and Emerald while Charlie was seeing some loser. Charlie made no sense. The guy was a douche from the word go, yet Charlie was blinded by love.

Since my brothers were traveling because it was baseball season, my folks saw me graduate with a degree in carpentry and construction. After graduation, they helped me pack up so we could head home.

"How much crap did you collect while here?" Dad asked, carrying a box to the car.

"Too much. I need to go through it when I get home," I said.

"Jace, you need to downsize before you move us out of our home," Mom said.

"I'm working on it."

"At least we can store your boxes in your brothers' rooms since they're traveling," Dad said.

"Dallas and Braydon are idiots. Who the hell leaves college during senior year?"

"Your brothers do." Dad loaded another box in the cargo area.

"Are you mad?"

"I was at first. But I realized playing pro ball is their dream. I can't squash their dream." Dad shrugged.

"Okay, we're all packed. Let's get home," Mom ordered.

"Yes, dear."

I chuckled and climbed into the SUV. I love my parents. They were the epitome of what I wanted in a relationship.

I wonder what Jules was doing.

*******
Julia

I laid on my bed with Jas on my left side while Casp was on my right. This is what my life has become, hanging out with my little sister and cousin.

"We're a sad bunch," Casp said.

"Why?" I asked, looking at Casp.

"Were laying on your bed, pining for people we can't have."

"You're turning seventeen soon. Your dad would never let you date Charlie."

"A guy can still dream, can't he?"

"Isn't Charlie dating some dipshit?" Jas asked.

Casp and I stared at Jas.

"Do you deny the guy is a dipshit?"

"No, but don't let dad hear you swear," I said.

"What Dad doesn't know won't hurt me?" Jas smirked.

My sister has turned into a sailor with her mouth.

"Isn't Jace coming home?" Casp asked me.

"Beats me. It's not like I've talk to Jace much since he left for college."

"How come?"

"Jace got busy and forgot about me." I shrugged again.

Caspiam didn't say anything after that. What could he say? It's not like Jace and I talked every day after he left for college, not if you count the time I called and yelled at him on the phone. He probably found a girlfriend.