Chapter 14: concluded

FLOR collected herself as Ro left. The truth was she couldn’t help him heal. This was ultimately her decision to bind herself with June. She had never been so attached to anyone to ever want this fate. To be Binary was always so scary to her. She had never wanted it.

    However, seeing June’s lifeless body did a profound thing to Flor. She had seen many die and had lost many mortals and Immortals that were dear to her in her long life. She now knew with utter certainty, that June Chase; she couldn’t ever stomach the loss.

2 Hours before

    “Ro, do something! I can’t lose her. Not June! Not HER!” Flor said holding Junes limp body in her arms as she took her turn sending her magic into her heart. June was barely breathing after they resuscitated her. Flor’s spiritual energy was running low. As was Ro’s. With her spirit, she felt June’s lifeline was nearing an end.

    “Go into Slumber while I maintain her body here. You could try healing her spirit.”

    Flor gazed helplessly up at him, her heart tight in her chest. “It won’t be enough! My connection isn’t strong enough with her. She’s part mortal and whatever else… I wasn’t here to protect her. I passed her off to Aporia who can’t love anyone truly, because she’s so tortured. I ran from June. I ran from June to Aporia to Lilah. I….I…”

    “Become Binary with her. Make a bond with her, Flor. Bind your life force to hers and she won’t die.”

    Flor looked at Ero, at a loss for words, her brows drawn in. She knew what he said would work. But how and why was it even on his mind as an option?

    Sensing her emotions he smiled sadly. “Your heart beats for her in a way I’ve never seen, Flor. Just as your desire did a few weeks ago. I was with her too, I see what you see in her. She’s different. You’ve also already decided to save her the moment I mentioned it. This is Fate. June Chase is meant to be yours.”

    Flor opened her mouth to deny it, however time was running out and she couldn’t lie to Ro nor herself and he didn’t deserve it. It was true. Holding a weak June in her arms, was filling Flor with raw panic. The likes she had never experienced. From June’s full lips to her perfect nose and cheekbones…Flor couldn’t spend a life not seeing this woman. She had already missed too much time.

    “I’ll go into Slumber. I’ll start the binding process there and complete it here. You’ve got her?”

    Ro’s eyes swam with unshed tears. “I’ve got her for you, Flor. I’ll keep her alive.”

    Flor mouthed thank-you to him as he came over taking June in his arms.

Now

    Flor had took two quick strides to her and kissed a stunned June the moment Ro left. She had to understand what he did for her. And she knew with June’s divine gift of being able to see memories, and with their bond, Flor could easily show her what happened.

    June opened her eyes after and Flor stepped back. The heated desire still burned deep, but they both controlled it from the flood of emotions June was feeling. Flor too.

    “He suggested it? Kept my body alive in Slumber as we…..?”

    “Yes. He did. And he’d do it again. For me. He’s a good man, June. The best I’ve ever known. Ever had, in any way.”