CHAPTER 30

Nalu's Point of View

The classroom door creaked open, and Mr. Hayes Otto’s voice, usually cheerful, was laced with an unnerving seriousness. “Can I excuse Ms. Nalu Coleis for a while. She will be going with me to the principal's office.” The words hung in the air, a chilling reminder of the unspoken rules of school. My stomach twisted into knots. I'd never been summoned to the principal's office before, and the sudden interruption during algebra class felt like a slap in the face.

“Malandi ka kasi besides para naman matanggal ka na sa school na ‘to. At maging akin na ulit ang inagaw mo.” Malakas na sabi ni Olivia dahilan para tumawa ang mga kaklase namin.

“Atleast pinili ako.” Matipid kong sagot sa kanya.
“Panis ka naman pala, Olivia eh!” Malakas na asar ni Keiran kaya naman binatukan niya ‘to. I just bowed my head to show respect to our adviser before I left.

What had I done? I couldn't remember breaking any rules. Rule na ba ngayon ang mag mahal? Kasalanan bang mahalin siya?

Sir mag-reply ka naman please. Sabi ng kanang isip ko. Kanina pa ako hindi mapakali dahil sa hindi rin sinasabing dahilan nitong principal namin na kaharap ko ngayon.

I sit nervously in the principal's office. I glanced at the door, where footsteps are approaching. As Sir Yoshio enters the office. My eyes widened in surprise and delight.

“Nalu…” He whispered at sumenyas na ‘wag ko siyang lalapitan. Sa sobrang excited ko napatayo ako at yayakapin sana siya. Nawala sa isip kong nasa principal's office kami ngayon. Kaya naman bumalik ulit ako sa pag kakaupo at palihim na ngumiti.

“Siguro naman, Yoshio alam niyo kung bakit ko kayo pinatawag dito parehas.” Panimulang sabi ng principal namin.

Principal Hayes Otto's office felt thick with tension. My face pale and my hands trembling slightly, sat across from the imposing desk. Beside me, Sir Yoshio, usually so confident and composed, looked utterly defeated.

“We're not sure how the rumors started,” my voice barely whispers.

Principal Hayes countered, his voice sharp. “There are whispers of... other indiscretions.”

Sir Yoshio winced, his eyes fixed on the floor. “I understand the gravity of the situation, Sir. But I assure you, nothing untoward has happened beyond that one moment of weakness.”

“Weakness?” Principal Otto scoffed. “You're a teacher, Sir Yoshio. You're supposed to be a role model. You've violated the trust of this school, this community. And, may asawa at anak ka na di ba? How could you do this to your family?”

Unable to bear the accusation any longer, I burst out, “It wasn't like that! It was just... a mistake. We were both going through difficult times, and we found comfort in each other. It was a moment of weakness, but it doesn't represent the entirety of who we are.”

“May nakakita sa inyo na naghahalikan kayo rito sa hallway na ‘to, bakit hindi ka pa umuwi? And what about the rumors, Nalu?” Principal Otto asked, his gaze turning to me. “What are you saying about the other whispers?”

My shoulders slumped. “I... I don't know. It's just speculation. Kinaiingitan nila akong lahat because I came from a wealthy family. Hindi na bago sa akin na kainggitan nila akong lahat.”

“Speculation that comes with real consequences,” Principal Otto said, his voice regaining its authority. “We have a zero-tolerance policy for such breaches of trust. Sir Yoshio, expulsion will be the only option.”

Sir Yoshio's face blanched. He looked at me, his expression filled with guilt and fear. “I understand but I loved her,” he mumbled.

“Paano na tayo ngayon Sir?” I whispered, my eyes filled with despair.