Chapter 10

Jeongguk woke up around 8 a.m., rubbing his eyes and stretching his back, sore from sleeping on the couch. The night had been restless, filled with frequent awakenings as he struggled to find a comfortable position. He had even gotten up once to close the curtains when the sunlight began streaming through the bedroom windows.

As he stood up from the couch, he turned to find Seokjin sleeping on his stomach, his legs spread across the bed. The blanket that had covered him was now on the floor. Jeongguk let out a sigh and quietly opened the door that connected to the deck. The darkness of the night was now completely gone, replaced by the breathtaking beauty of the blue ocean stretching out before him.

The view was serene and calming, with the gentle sound of waves lapping against the shore. Jeongguk stepped out onto the deck, letting the cool morning breeze brush against his skin. The vast expanse of the ocean sparkled under the morning sun, creating a mesmerizing sight that helped soothe his restless mind and body.

He took a deep breath, inhaling the salty sea air, and closed his eyes for a moment, appreciating the tranquility of the scene. The beauty of their surroundings provided a temporary escape from his racing thoughts.

After a few minutes, Jeongguk turned back towards the room, glancing at Seokjin still peacefully sleeping.

"How the fuck does someone sleep like this? How can a neatly tucked-in blanket end up on the floor? God," he muttered.

He picked up the blanket, rolling it into a big ball. He raised his hands, intending to throw it on Seokjin, but stopped as Seokjin shifted in his sleep, now lying on his back. His t-shirt had ridden up, revealing his smooth skin and hourglass waist. Jeongguk gulped and quickly looked away, then carefully covered Seokjin with the blanket, trying to avoid staring.

He stood for a few seconds, muttering to himself, "What the fuck are you doing?" and turned to move away from the bed. Suddenly, a hand grabbed his wrist, stopping him. Jeongguk turned to see Seokjin holding his wrist, squinting up at him. Seokjin tried to pull Jeongguk towards him, but Jeongguk didn't budge.

Seokjin got up and kneeled on the bed, facing Jeongguk, who now had his arms folded and was raising an eyebrow at him. "What are you doing?" Jeongguk asked.

Seokjin smiled cheekily. "I was just trying to do what they do in those romantic movies when the lead tries to cover their partner with the blanket, but the other stays awake pretending to be asleep. But When the lead tries to leave, they pull them back to the bed, and it turns into a morning hot make-out session."

Jeongguk's eyebrows furrowed. "What?"

Seokjin laughed, letting go of Jeongguk's wrist. "Never mind. I tried it on the wrong person."

Jeongguk shook his head. "Are you giving up that easily, Kim Seokjin?"

Seokjin's eyes widened for a second. "What?"

"I mean, you didn't even try pulling me hard enough," Jeongguk said.

"Oh," Seokjin said, still kneeling on the bed. "So you're telling me if I pulled you hard enough to fall on the bed, Jeon Jeongguk, you would have made out with me?" Seokjin's eyebrows raised playfully.

"I... I... did not mean that. I meant... I meant to say you're too weak to compete against me. Aren't you the one who always says you want to go one-on-one with me?" Jeongguk stuttered, trying to recover.

"Wow, so can we go one-on-one today?" Seokjin asked, excited.

"Okay," Jeongguk agreed.

"Yay... Now?" Seokjin clapped his hands a little.