Episode 247

Kiwi: Mister. I made some tea why don't you take a break?
Usopp: Thanks. I'll have some once I finish fixing this spot. Usopp banged his hand.
Franky: So, friend... I'm gonna get to the main issue. What are you gonna do after you fix that ship?
Usopp: What am I gonna do? Of course, I'll go on an adventure with her again, and someday we'll go back one our home, the East Blue! It's not like we went around the world, but this is a shop that went to the Grand Line. it'll be good enough to call it a triumphant return. I'll hold my head up and--
Fanky: No. You won't be able to go back...to the East Blue. To begin with, it's too far. When we pulled the ship earlier, I was observing her very carefully. That ship is at the end of her life. The assessment by Galley-la is correct. As someone who's in the ship-breaking business, I suggest you dismantle her.
Usopp: What? That's ridiculous!
Franky: I'll help you break your ship!
Usopp: What? Are you saying, you jerk? Wait! What are you doing? Stop right there! He took out his slingshot
Both: Bro!
Franky: I'm saying I'll help you break that ship.
Usopp: Don't be ridiculous! I won't allow that! The Merry ie my ship!
Franky: No. She's no lomger a ship.
Usopp: What did you say?
Franky: I asked you earlier what you were gonna do after you fixed this ship didn't I? If you were going to offer your life to the sea with this ship, I wouldn't have said anything. But you said that you wanted to go back to the East Blue on this ship. So I'm trying to stop you...friend. This ship can no longer even reach the next shore. Listen ships are born with a promise... to carry you across the sea from one shore to another. In other words, once a ship can no longer carry you to shore... he gets on the side. Once she can't carry you to shore... she's no longer a ship! He breaks off the piece of the ship.
Usopp: Stop it, you bastard! Move away from the Merry! He shot an exploding bomb at him.
That blew them both back.
Franky: you son of a bitch! If you don't get it... take a good look at her with your own eyes. He threw him into the water!
Usopp gets back out of the water goes to the broken piece lifts it up and places it back on the ship and hammers it again. Sorry Merry. I'll fix you right away... I'll. As many times as you need. As many times as you need.
Franky: Hey! Enough already Long-nose! You saw the bottom of the ship, right? With the broken keel at the root of her, the outer panels are slipping off the frame and are torn too! When a ship is like that, she'll just fall apart from the outside with each wave! And yet, you think a total amateur like you can...
Uospp drops the boards. And turn to him. Shut up!  I don't want you to tell me anything! Keep your mouth shut, or I'll beat you up. You hooligan! He falls to her knees At heart... I know it.
Franky: What did you say?
Usopp: At heart...I knew it all. I knew the merry was at the end of her life! When I heard the assessment, I was convinced that What I saw on that day really happened.  At first, I thought I was dreaming.  I thought there was no way something like that could happen. On one foggy night...in a forest under the moonlight, I heard the strike of a wooden hammer.  The sound was coming from the ship, although no one was supposed to be on her at the time. It came from our ship which was scared and washed ashore. It was very foggy, but I definitely saw someone there... striking a wood Hammer. I couldn't figure out who it was. But when morning came the following day, the ship was lousily fixed. The completely broken mast was also fixed as it used to be. But the mysterious thing was that... whoever fixed the Merry knew how she originally looked. Even though we had added lots of tweaks, this person put the Merry back to how she used to look! Everything was a mystery to us, but... for some reason, these words remained in my heart. I do not even know of this person. Said or I was imagining things.
Voice: Don't worry. I'll carry you guys for a little bit longer.
This may sound stupid, but... I feel that it might been an incarnation of the Merry. I bet the ship was already at her limits then. So she might've turned into that form to let us know it. When I heard the assessment that's what I thought. You think I'm crazy, don't you? You don't have to believe me.
Franky: Believe you?  This person looked like a sailor holding a wooden hammer right?
Usopp: How did you know that?
Franky: Friend. You saw a Kalbautermann. It's a legend known among sailors. It's a fairy that dwells only on a ship that's treated with great care. Well, you could say it's a ship incarnation. They carry wooden hammers in their hands and are dressed in sailor's raincoats. When danger approaches the ship, they run around inside the ship and let people know about it. It said that they sometimes help sailors quite a bit.  But to be honest, this is the first time I've heard someone say they saw one. The more cade the ship receives the more it appreciates the sailors. This ship probably wanted to somehow carry you across the other shore. She was able to encounter a crew that she wanted to carry so badly that she borrowed a human form to appear... I bet she's been very happy.
Uospp started to cry.
Franky: At any rate, for Heaven's sake... you had a big fight with your friends knowing your ship was at her limits, then?
Usopp: It's not that simple.
Mozo: How inept men are!
Kiwi: They're fools!
Usopp: I heart her badly.
Fannky: You fought a woman.
Usopp: Well no she beat me to pulp. But her feelings are what I hurt.
Franky: What did you say?
Usopp: No it's what I didn't say
The bell starts to ring.
Mozo: Looks like someone's here
Franky: Who else could it be but Zambai and the others? Why did they take the trouble of coming from the seaside?
Kiwi: Yeah, when they usually use the upper entrance.
Mozo: They might have brought a Straw Hat and Bandana Scarf.
Franky: Oh that's right. I forgot I sent for them and the other with you as bait!
Usopp: They won't come. We'e no lomger friends.
Mozo and Kiwi went to open the door but the bell kept ringing
Franky: Friend... Go back to your friends.
Usopp: I can't do that now. I fought a duel with one of my captains. Besides, the ship stuff hasn't been settled yet, so...
Franky: What do you mean? It hasn't been settled? If you know that your ship can't sail anymore, it's simple, isn't it? Leave her with me. I'll take care of her in a way you'd approve of. What I did earlier, too, you know... I tried to destroy your ship thinking that would be best for you.
Uospp: Don't stick your nose into things? It's my business!
Frank: You should appreciate it
Usopp: I should appreciate it! Give me a break
Franky: Don't you get it? It's a nuisance for the ship. Too! She loves you guys so much that she appeared in human form. If she sinks in the middle of the sea while you guys are on board. Hey! If that happens, even if she does she'll be filled with regret! She won't be able to rest in peace!
Usopp: Then, when your friends are dying can you just leave them saying, "Well, I hope you die without suffering at least"
Franky: If you put it that way that's a whole different discussion,!
Usopp: No it's not! It's that kind of matter!
Franky: you just don't get it, do you?
Mozu was knocked backward. Kiwi was kicked down
Franky: Mozu! Kiwi! Who's there
Kalifa:Pardon me...for interrupting.
It's just. These two ladies didn't let us in so..
Franky: The Secretary at Gelley-La!
He ran to them. What the hell are you bastard doing here?
TØ BE CØNTINUED