The Sight's Rising

The howling of another wolf   had awoken the sleeping fae from her slumber. And the paw steps had made the wolf's broad head shoot up, almost hitting her head on the top of the den she had claimed her own after the badger left and claimed a much larger den. Janga parted her maw into a large, wide gap, and letting out a long, deep yawn. Had she not known that a wolf was sitting right outside her den, she slipped out of it slowly.

Something hit Janga in the back, it was heavy, yet felt like it was carrying something valuable in his mouth. She felt it's fangs dig into her scruff and she howled, by accident. Throwing her large head back with her front legs coming up with it, and the body hit the ground with a grunt.  "What was that?" The dusty white she-wolf asked herself quietly before she heard another moan, then leaves crumpling beneath paws. Janga shot around and looked at the brute that had leapt onto her back. He was rusty colored, red, ginger, and a few accents of Black. Nothing came to mind until the brute barked, "I told you it was just her!" Then Janga realized it was just her brother; Caleb, and she growled. "Caleb! What is the matter with you!" not even bothering to make sure no one was stalking them. Though Caleb always had his tail twined with Ember's, he was still a pain in the butt. Even for a three  year old. 

※ ※ ※ ※ ※ ※ ※ ※ ※

Maybe she got a little carried away that morning, but by the time it was midday, Ember had already hunted. "Now, what we're Y'all saying earlier?" Ember asked curiously, taking a bit of the rabbit she had caught. It might have been fun to be around Ember's brother if he weren't in the pack,  the Solar Eclipse pack. Nothing was special, then Caleb had answered Ember's question, "Me scaring my sister and making her howl!" the brute growled, obviously waiting for Janga to say something. But she had started a random daydream, for nothing. But something made her realized something hit her head, a small round brown thing. Acorns. "Damn Squirrels!"  she thought, looking up at the canopy of trees above her. The red, brown, and deep yellow colors filled her mind with bad memories, memories she wish she didn't have. "Caleb!" she snarled, "What Is the matter with you!" even though Ember shot Janga a very rude look, the fae ignored it. "The real question is. What's the matter with you?" he shot back, both of the siblings ignored Ember's rude glare.

 "What in the pack of Josh happened here?" a voice spoke outside the area the three wolves had gathered. The blood they had left from their meal was left there, unknowingly, Ember went running in the direction of the voices. "Alpha will not appreciate this." another voice added, then the sound of paw steps faded in the direction of Solar Eclipse pack camp, and Janga heard Ember mutter; "What in the Josh?" ember looked back at Caleb and Janga and gulped, "My brother is alpha." she added, looking back to where the two wolves started heading back. One of them must of heard them because they came back running towards them, and the rammed their way through the brush the three wolves were huddled behind.

"What are you three doing here?" the black and white colored fae asked, pinning her ears to her head before the other, white dusted colored brute spoke, "What she meant to say was," he went on, "what are you doing on our territory?" he flicked his ear and waited for the three to ask. Ember, caleb, and Janga exchanged looks. Ember finally put her foot down, "I'm Ember," she spoke, "and this is Caleb and Janga." the black fae flicked her ears, and sat down in front of the two pack wolves. "Well, since you mentioned names." the dust colored brute barked, "I'm Dust. And this is my sister, Raven."  he introduced himself, his deep voice and his good looks made Janga trail to a different world in her mind.