Eevee On The Loose! | Chapter 2

"Professor Oak! We're here!" Y/n said as he slammed the door to Professor Oak's lab in a rush while he was panting to catch his breath.

Many of the scientists and assistants in the lab working on various projects stopped what they were doing, turned their heads in that direction, and sheepishly rubbed the backs of their heads.

"Y/n! There's a time and place for everything, but not now!" Professor Oak chastised Y/n who looked up at him with a bright smile.

"Professor Oak!" Y/n said in a happy tone as Eevee, who was napping on his shoulder, woke up.

"Eevoi!" Eevee happily said as he woke up to the sight of Professor Oak who lightly chuckled.

"Nice to see you again Eevee," Professor Oak said as he looked down at the furry Pokemon on Y/n's shoulder with a soft smile. "So what did you want to show me again Y/n?"

Y/n, hearing this, got excited as he brought out his Pokedex. It was the original one that he got from Professor Oak all those years ago with a few modifications from the other Professors that he had met along his journey. He took it out from one of the pockets in his pants and handed it to Professor Oak.

"Professor Oak! I caught and recorded every Pokemon from Kanto to Alola!" Y/n announced with a lot of pride in his voice. "I've caught every single one of them take a look!"

Professor Oak was shocked, to say the least... He was astonished. He looked through each of the dex entries seeing that he had caught every single Pokemon from Kanto to Alola. He stopped looking through the dex entries after a few minutes and looked down at Y/n. This was one of many trainers that he had sent out to go fill the Pokedex from Bulbasaur to Melmetal in Alola, a difficult and almost impossible task, but yet here it was...

"Y/n my boy..." Professor Oak said as he placed a hand on top of Y/n's hat. "You, my boy, have completed the Pokedex!" Professor Oak said congratulating Y/n for the nearly impossible feat.

"But..." Professor Oak said as Y/n and Eevee's ears perked up.

"But what, Professor?" Y/n asked, curious about what the professor was getting at.

"It seems that your Pokedex hasn't been updated to have the Galar region registered," 

"Are... You... SERIOUS!" Y/n yelled out in pure disbelief catching the attention of every scientist in the laboratory once again, but Professor Oak's smile didn't falter.

"Y/n, don't be so disappointed! You have completed a task I think no one else has ever completed! You have registered 809 total Pokemon in the Pokedex! And in the process have helped many along the way! That's still got to count to something?" Professor Oak said, trying to encourage while looking down at Y/n, who seemed to be thinking about it.

"You're right Professor Oak! I'm still young I have time! That's nothing to be sad about! That just means I can make more friends and meet even more people right Eevee?" Y/n said as he saw the bright side of his situation. 

"Eevee!"

Professor Oak smiled this was Y/n and Eevee he had grown to know. He resembled something in between his very own Grandson and another trainer with a Pikachu who was born and raised in Pallet Town.

"Exactly right, Y/n! But do you know why I have called you here?" Professor Oak asked Y/n then placed a finger on his chin as he tried to remember.

"You have a new task for me?" Y/n remembered from their call on his Xtransceiver in Digglet's Cave early.

"Precisely, you see I have a protege who has recently become a professor. Professor Cerise is what you'll call them by, but they are doing research on everything about Pokemon and how they interact with our world so that we can help create a better world," Professor Oak explained to Y/n who was still not following what Professor Oak was saying.