Prequel (Improved)

(This series takes place in the timeline of Wings of Fire: A Dangerous Gift, which may have spoilers. Death Warning)

Where is he?

Where is he?

Where is he?

Diamond sprinted down the slippery ice floors of the icewing palace leaping past a room of busy icewings playing a game with some stones and a bone. He's not here, he's not anywhere!  Diamond skidded to a stop bursting into General Icestorms room panting frantically. "Rusty... He He's gone!" Diamond yelled catching his breath.

Icestorm's normally expressionless face was painted with surprise and pure terror. "We must find him," Icestorm yelled, zipping out of the room at the speed of light.

Now to find Rusty

Rusty the halve sandwing, icewing animus maniac he had somehow become friends with.

 "Excuse me but who are you" Rusty introduced himself.

"I'm Diamond" Diamond had replied, "Why are you alone?" 

Rusty never had any friends, because his mother was a princess who ran away with a sandwing and left their unborn dragonet in her mother's claws. Glacier, although known for being a well tempered queen gave him to Petrel to look after him and that was a very unfortunate decision. Petrel one of Glaciers now Snowfalls most esteemed advisers, that slippery snake is the whole reason were in this mess.

I always wondered if Rusty's mother meant to leave him behind, Rusty never brought up his mother, he was only an egg when his mother left him behind. As soon as the Petrel found out about Rusty's powers. She saw another way to use Rusty and began forcing him to make various enchantments shifting Rusty's personality further into disrepair, I swear I'll kill her one day.

Diamond saw less and less of him, and when he got the chance to meet Rusty, he was cold, mean, and distant. Maybe if it wasn't for Petrel, Diamond could have had a deeper relationship with Rusty, maybe even love don't be delusional Diamond. 

Diamond gasped suddenly remembering a distant memory I know where he is! 

Three years ago when Diamond was five Diamond and Rusty was seven they climbed up the highest mountain in the icewing territory "I like to go here to calm down when I have fights with Petrel" Rusty sighed he watched as his talons twitched I wondered if he figured out he was insane then or if his feelings were still true.

"Will you still be my friend after after I go crazy, when Petrel pushes me too far" Rusty asked Diamond his eyes gleamed with hope.

"Of course Rusty i'll stay by your side!" Diamond promised he twisted his tail around Rusty's.

"But Diamond one day I will go beyond repair and I will be different, when i hit that point I want you to end my life" Rusty explained, he stretched his talons and rested his head on Diamonds shoulder.

"But how ill i know when to do it?" Diamond questioned, his gut wrenched from the morbid request.

"You'll know when you can no longer recognise me, when I am beyond the limits and hurt someone, when I hurt you" Rusty said, worried for what he could become. "I hope that isn't soon so that we can spend some time together, so you wont miss me when i'm gone."

Concentrate Diamond that's all in the past Diamond forced his eyes away from the young version of Rusty who he dearly missed, that caring smile and wize voice that he missed so much died a long time ago along with his love for Diamond.