menty-b

IN SLTS, there was no sign of Ant, for obvious reasons, and Maddie sat with Missy, also for obvious reasons.

"Okay, peeps. Welcome to SLT class" Jojo started "thought we could start off with something gentle. You'll notice a collection of art materials in front of you. So pick whatever medium you like."

Students, including Maddie, raced to the art supplies, not wanting to be stuck with the bad ones that have been in the school longer than they have.

"We're meant to be learning about condoms and blue waffle disease. Why are we doing art?" Spider questioned.

"Well don't look at it as art. Look at the canvas as a way of expressing how you feel. You can choose whatever colour speaks to you."

He came up to the two girls and grabbed the grey pencils.

"Miss, Spiders done with mental illness grey" Missy said.

Spider gasped and asked "are you flirting with me?"

"No, I'm just hot and talking."

"Thats my girl!" Maddie exclaimed, earning an air kiss from Missy.

"This is so fucking cringe" Spider mumbled.

"How would you like to express how you're feeling, Spider?" Jojo asked the blonde boy.

"Oh, I don't know. Maybe chuck something? Punch something? Like, why is this a better way of expressing myself than simply telling you that this class sucks ass" Spider responded.

"Oh my god. The dick he drew is bigger than his!" Maddie laughed, earning a scowl from the boy.

"Because art doesn't involve hurting people" Jojo told him.

"Voss is right" he continued "this is exactly why Dusty had to leave the school and Ant had a menty-b."

"Yeah, the little trio of fuck boys is gone. You're irrelevant now" Sasha said.

"Men exist. Dicks exist. XY chromosomes exist" Soider stated.

Maddie mumbled a quick "surprised he knows what a chromosome is" to Missy before the blonde boy continued "it's so easy to blame men, isn't it? But what are you actually doing to help fix it? Like, how is this crayon gonna fix it? How is this crayon gonna fix me?"

"Cause you need a lot more than a crayon to be fixed" the girl retorted, not looking up from her canvas.

"Uh oh. Spiders gone and literally pokémorphed into peak incel" Darren mocked, causing Spider to stand "I'm done. I am walking out of this class once and for all, and I'm doing it as a tribute to Anthony Vaughn."

He kissed his fingers and held them up to the sky, causing Amerie and Maddie to laugh at the dickhead infront of them as Darren rhetorically asked "oh, I'm sorry, did he die? Did he bleed out?"

"All of you dudes in here, if you're actually men" he stopped to stare at Darren "get up! Walk out with me. What are you gonna do? Go on. Touch me. Fuck sluts."

He then started a chant of "fuck sluts" amongst the boy that chose to leave and the group left the room.

"Have you ever just tried to be friends with a girl?" Harper questioned the brunette boy.

"Yeah, fully" he answered.

"Not just to hook up" she grabbed his face and told him "maybe you should start with that."

She walked off and he shouted after her "but I don't want to just be friends with Maddie."

"Then talk to her" she called, without looking in his direction.

"She doesn't want to talk to me" he mumbled to himself, walking away.

As the conversation between Ant and Harper ended, Maddie searched for Missy and Sasha.

She found them talking to Darren, who looked like they'd rather be anywhere else.

"I just think it's a bit probbo that you're standing by an accused rapist" she heard Sasha say.

"Just cause he's accused doesn't mean he is one" she stepped in.

"Yeah, Cash didn't do anything" Darren agreed "and Harper doesn't hold him responsible-"

"I'm glad harder is so forgiving" Sasha sarcastically said "but what about all the other survivors you're sending a message to?"

"Here's a campaign strategy for you, mind your business" Harper told the girl causing Missy to usher her away "just go. Don't start."

Maddie walked away, unsure of who to be with, when she heard her name being called by Amerie.

"We're gonna prove Spiders the bird psycho, wanna come?"

The blonde only shrugged and said "sure."

The three girls set off to find Spider.

Maddie wasn't too thrilled about seeing Ant, as the two boys were inseparable, but she was excited to see if Spider was in fact the bird psycho.

"Oi! Skidmark!" Amerie called, carrying a bird in her hands "heard you're afraid of birds."

The boys face instantly dropped at the sight of the bird in Ameries hands "the fuck is that? Fuck! Get away from me."

He stood up and attempted to get away from the bird, but fell onto the floor screaming "don't let it touch me!"

Amerie said to Quinni "check his neck" as the Taylor girl couldn't hold in her laughter.

"He has got a scar there" Quinni pointed out as the boy continued to squirm on the floor.

"Told ya! Swoopy boy phobia" Ant said.

Spider continued to scream and Maddie couldn't stop laughing. She normally wouldn't at the sight of someone, even Spider, being this distressed. But something in her had changed. The aftermath of the breakup making the girls appearance and behaviour change rapidly.

Ant noticed a slight change to the girls appearance. Although it was a slight difference, barely noticeable, the brunette boy noticed straight away, as well as the way she now acts. A weird confidence she never had before.

She was always confident. Not always with herself, but she wouldn't back away from a social setting. But now, her thoughts about others were on full blast.

Ant saw how she would continue to be with Missy, but rarely Sasha. He saw how she now acted around Spider, not caring about his full blown phobia, and instead laughed about it in his face. He wondered if she had even realised what was happening around her. Maybe she was stuck on rewind in her own head. Perhaps she didn't realise she was laughing at Spider as she was mentally laughing uncontrollably at something completely different. Something unfunny. Something she tried hard to forget, but it won't go away.

Though he didn't think about this for too long as he actually didn't have the capacity to think something like that. At least not in depth.

It was like his mind was saying a million different things to him, all in different languages. Everything he thought, he didn't understand. Like how he didn't understand why the girl continued to laugh, despite not being anywhere near Spider.

Maybe the breakup had broke her. Maybe he wasn't the only one who had a menty-b that day.

Or maybe she just genuinely enjoyed watching Spider squirm in fear. It was definitely a big change to his normal dickhead self.

Ant wondered if he'd ever find out why the girl had changed so much. Why she was non-stop laughing at a situation that everyone had forgotten about in a matter of minutes.

But that could've been the alcohol. Perhaps she hadn't drank much, or she drank too much.

Ant just couldn't get his thoughts to stay still so he can match them together. A part of him had reasons as to why the blonde girl was acting like this, but he doesn't know how to explain them. He doesn't know how to make sense of them.

Usually Maddie would be the one to explain his thoughts to him.

But she was gone.