50. bad idea right?

seeing you tonight,

its a bad idea right?

Jack was surprised to hear you agree, but sighed, these were your friends mainly that he was saving, might as well help out with their chores if you were going to do that. He crossed his arms and nodded in agreement, "Fine, I'll help too," turning to the twins, "What can we help with?" The wolf asked.

Floyd perked up at the lack of defiance, eagerly dishing out some orders to the both of you, "Ah! Well Jack, you can serve orders with the other anemones, and as for our guest of honor," Floyd then turned to you, making you look at him weirdly, unsure why you weren't getting a serving job too.

"Can ya sing pufferfish?" Floyd asked, leaning towards you with lidded eyes littered with interest in your ability to sing, you narrowed your eyes and looked away from the male. "Why can't I serve with the others?" You deflected coldly, catching Floyd's pout from the corner of your eye.

Jade stepped in front of you, making you look back up at him for an answer, but in doing so, you suddenly felt frozen.

"Tell me, can you sing Velvette?" Jade asked the question again, and instead of not answering or even looking away, you actually answered the question, it felt like the words were being pulled from you, slipping from your lips like saliva.

"Yeah, I've sung for others before," you replied in a heartbeat.

"Do you have stage fright my dear?" Jade asked, staring straight into your eyes, his gaze tearing into your soul for answers.

"No, I usually don't give a fuck," your lips spoke for you.

Jade then smiled, finally blinking, releasing you from his mental and magical hold, "Ah, isn't that wonderful? Thank you for telling us," Jade grinned a bit harder as he saw your slightly mortified expression, your lips parted with the space between your lips silencing your protests as the twins started to talk amongst each other.

You couldn't hear whatever they were saying, but you felt your friend's gazes on you, Deuce was the first to walk closer and put a hand on your shoulder. "Are you... ok?" He asked, he knew that you clearly felt violated on some level, but he's trying, he always does for you. (If you don't count this deal ig)

You really wanted to tell Deuce just what you've been doing and going through these past few weeks, but you couldn't, not here and even if you do, you'll have to explain to him the soul system in Hell. Keeping your mouth shut before croaking out a "Yeah, just surprised..." along with a tense smile.

This didn't diminish Deuce's concerns, but he gave you a hopeful squeeze, releasing some tension from your smile and stance, giving him that small satisfaction of making you feel at least a little bit better. And then twins were done talking to each other.

"Do you know any songs?" Jade asked, you knew one song from Hell, but there's no way that they have it here, in a completely different world, which was kind of a bummer, you liked Verosika Mayday. So you shook your head, but surprisingly, your two new temporary bosses didn't seem affected.

"Hm, a shame, but don't worry, we have prepared a potion to accommodate with that," Jade assured, pulling out a small vial, the color looked.. normal? It was a pastel mint green color, Floyd then pulled out his magical pen, unlike your dull pink or Ace's bright red one, the gem on Floyd's was a blue, you could barely spot the slight baby indigo blue tint.

Jade screwed off the top, offering the drink to you, "Take this, it'll give you a catalogue of popular songs," Jade explained, you glared at the potion then back at the male before taking it. Floyd had tapped his palm with his magical pen, a microphone spawning in his hand, handing it to Jade.