SEEK

There was no reason for me to ally with any other organizations. I've stood successfully on my own for over ten years. Not too many people can keep up with my rules for running things.

Many pack leaders were too soft when it came to their members or handling disrespect from outside folk. I had no tolerance for bullshit which is why I lead on my own.

After Ajmal became king, he quickly learned that his title didn't mean shit to me. My rules were my rules, and I'm never wavering. He took notes, realizing it was best to let me be.

To be honest, I'm the reason he became king in the first place. His father didn't think he was ready for the responsibility until I vouched for him and became an ally.

I have known Ajmal since he was a kid. As an adult, he still was a brat with no sense of how the underground world did business. It was a big part of trading goods for profit all over the world. Our country just so happened to be at the top of the food chain.

In the beginning of his reign, Ajmal tried throwing around his authority and talking to me like he was my superior. After my men locked the doors of the conference room and knocked out his guards... he changed his tune.

He realized how easy it was for me to get the upper hand and for him to lose everything.

We've been cordial during our meetings since then, which kept peace in his kingdom these past few years. I continue making money how I've been doing, and I pay my taxes.

Recently, I received an invitation to his anniversary party. I decided to go, although Gina was against it.

"You can go too."

"Nixon, I don't wanna be around those bougie folk. The food isn't good anyway."

I smirked, expecting her exact response. That's why I offered.

Gina has been by my side since we were teens. It was a friends to lovers situation with a dash of break ups, hook ups and fuck ups.

"Alright, I don't want to hear your bitchin' when I see you again."

She smirked, always looking for a challenge.

"Give me some pups and I'll think about it."

"Pups with your crazy ass?"

Gina bit her bottom lip and I knew what she wanted.

"Yeah, and you love my crazy ass."

She crawled to the edge of the bed like a starving lioness. Gina unbuckled my jeans, ready for her mouth to get to work.

"Let the bitchin' begin."

She loves an opportunity to make me eat my words and I let her mouth win every time. There were no complaints on my end, I'll gladly take that loss.

Suddenly, her phone buzzed and by the look on her face it was her husband. She wanted to leave him but I told her not to make permanent decisions for temporary pleasures. I'm in no way trying to be married or committed to anyone.

Later that evening, I pulled up to the venue. It was filled up as I expected so I prepared myself for a lot of higher ups to be in attendance.

I'm mostly a casual guy but I still liked wearing a decent suit here and there. Tonight I wore a tuxedo to fit the occasion.

"Name please." The hostess asked.

"Nixon West."

"Good evening, Mr. West. You'll be joining his majesty at the head table."

I followed her into the main room and looked around at the crowd. Many of the guests I knew but haven't seen in years.

"Mr. West, I'm happy you could make it." Ajmal greeted me with his 1st wife next to him.