RISK

People may wonder why I listen to my brother Hasani and do what he says. He practically raised me, making sure I was well taken care of.

Hussain was a good king at some point, but he sucked as a father. Hasani became the male figure in my life that I looked up to.

He's the main reason why I don't trust males and keep my lady parts to myself. My brother has always spoken the truth to me about everything... leadership, love, betrayal, mate bonds, and sex.

And from what he's told me and what I've experienced, the male mind is an abomination.

"Okay, pack what you want to take."

"Are you really gonna make me come back to Feloya?"

"Yes, but only for a short time. Don't you miss your home?"

I sat down, remembering my other siblings. The things they would say to me when my brother wasn't around were cruel and hurtful.

You're a concubine's daughter....you'll end up just like her.

The king won't always be here to save you, weak little brat.

You don't belong here.

Hasani and my nephew, Amadi, were the only good things in that bloodline. But Feloya in itself was beautiful.

"Will Amadi be visiting?"

"Maybe. He and his mate have been talking about it."

"He's found his mate? That's wonderful."

"Yeah, maybe you'll find yours in Feloya."

"I don't want a mate."

Hasani sat down next to me.

"It's inevitable, Jay."

I thought about Nixon and Elliot.

"What if I had more than one mate?"

Hasani's face tensed up. "You're trying to be funny?"

"No, I'm just asking."

"That's absurd."

"Males have multiple mates and harems even. Why is it absurd for a woman to have one?"

"Because it is."

I smirked. "How's Amadi's mom, Queen Euphoria, doing?"

The guilt on his face was instant, and I beamed on the inside.

Ha! Checkmate!

"She's doing well... expecting."

My eyes were surprised. "Aww, Imani's going to be a big sister."

"Yes, she is."

"I mean...I don't blame Queen Euphoria. Nathan is a very fine man."

"Nathan is everything you'd hate in male."

"He can't be that bad if Euphoria married him."

Hasani sighed, obviously tired of my pettiness. "Jade, pack some stuff, and let's go."

I whispered as I got up. "Must've struck a nerve."

"I heard that."

Walking to my room, I could hear my brother communicating with one of his subordinates. It's not that I didn't want to go to Feloya, I would love to visit for a while.

But I actually did like my life here on earth before Elliot and Nixon messed things up. I'm hoping Hasani will let me look for a place before I go back to my birthplace for a visit.