Chapter 2:A disaster

Secretly sneaking behind the huge and glorious walls of the grand palace at Mystacor to study magic alongside your tutor, Shadow Weaver, as hard as it might be, really helped you improve.

One thing about Shadow Weaver is she can be as strict as she needs to be while also showing sympathy and helping you understand why breaks are just as important as the unending dialogue of the present, or time itself.

It's been about 3 days with you learning under her guidance, you think of how if you'd never decided to talk to her, or attempt to get a closer look at that daisy, you wouldn't have studied magic under such holy guidance.

She gets you, your style of work and study, what gets you tired quicker. She understands your strengths and weaknesses.

A graceful evening, you read out the spell, drawing it with your index finger.

This spell was different than the others: it could cause disaster if the flow wasn't maintained.

The objective of the spell was a quick boost of magical prowess in your abilities and energy. You needed this as one of your primary weaknesses was your lack of control over the immense stronghold of magic inside you.

You let it flow until you couldn't anymore.

Yet, if performed incorrectly, it could easily drain you out and make you unable to perform any sort of, even short in nature, spells, for days.

Seeing how much you valued time, you were really counting on this.
The objective of the spell was a quick boost of magical prowess in your abilities and energy. You needed this as one of your primary weaknesses was your lack of control over the immense stronghold of magic inside you.

You let it flow until you couldn't anymore.

Yet, if performed incorrectly, it could easily drain you out and make you unable to perform any sort of, even short in nature, spells, for days.

Seeing how much you valued time, you were really counting on this.

After all, every strength comes with some weakness.

Every day has it's night.

Why fear the chances when you can fear something so consistent as time on its own?

Casting the spell, you look at shadow weaver, who was standing in front of you.

You didn't want to drown out again, not after sulking in bed for a week due to fatigue just at the beginning of this story.

Sensing the sensational power, slowly yet steadily you place your bets and spell.

Time ticks on your ears. You can feel sweat on the back of your neck.

You were scared, perhaps.
Of draining your strength, of disappointing Shadow weaver, maybe even of what you'll say to Castaspella if she finds you drained of your precious energy on Shadow Weavers garden, considering you'd been keeping these educational lessons a quiet mystery of the dark, hiding it from anyone or anything.

One second, you're on the green grass, watching the sky bloom into the moon itself as the evening approaches, and another you feel your limbs go quiet until they shake and fall down, leaving you with your nose tucked in the soil beneath.

You hear Shadow Weaver running, it's exactly what you feared it would be.

Looking and feeling the same.

She shakes your neck with her fingers and holds your jaw together.

"Don't call anyone they'll find ou-"

She cuts you off by a small "shh".

"Well, I have no choice but to. You're welcome."

You pass out, so that's the last thing you heard before it.

Waking up in the clinic chambers of the vast and wide place, you hear Castaspella screaming at Shadow Weaver who is now surrounded by guards who are watching her every move and holding her back from you.

"What have you been doing to her,? Teaching her dark magic like you did my brother?. This is it. You're staying imprisoned. No more harm will be done by you. "

Shadow weaver appears weirdly affectionate as she looks over you when Castaspella wasn't looking.

"She did nothing. I went to her so she would teach me. It was my choice" you state simply, holding no thought but admiration for your tutor behind your eyes.

"This ends here. " Castaspella sits in a chair beside you after ordering the guards to take her away.

"The devil seeks company, (name). You shant get involved with her and her cruelsome ways. "

"It was a enhancement spell, Castaspella. It's not her fault, and it never will be. She was teaching me better than any of you and all of you combined. "

"No. "

You look back at your limbs, you don't feel any better but you try to get up.

Time. You feel it flowing swiftly again. Gnawing at your feet, rubbing dust on your face. You've always despised it, yet you know you're nothing without it. Time. It grows on you.

It's night. The sun has been swallowed whole. In the dim moonlight entering your window, you hear footsteps outside.

Attempting to get up, you try and peer at the person from your small bed itself when your attempt was proven in-vain.

It was shadow weaver. Somehow, she escaped her guards and came here, to you.

"Shadow weaver?" You whisper in the dark room.

"Child, I know you must be worried but in magic, you have to expect and accept anything that it's unexplored madness throws at you. "

"Will they keep you hidden for long?"

"You mustn't worry, for now, rest. That spell was really hard, I wouldn't have recommended it to someone as inexperienced as you. "

You had disappointed her. She gave you the chance to perform if for she found you capable of it at an early stage, yet you couldn't meet her expectations in the slightest.

Failed. You had failed.

One again, time ran away, slipping from your fragile fingers that still had the cut from earlier when you had met Shadow Weaver.

"I'm sorry I couldn't "

She paused at that.

"No. Don't apologise. "

She said, looking at you, her eyes pricking your soul.

"Magic is unpredictable. " She slowly removed her mask, showing her beautiful face. You hude you blush as she continued on her tale of wisdom.

"These scars, if magic hadn't failed me, I wouldn't have them, would I , darling? Everyone fails. "

She looks in your eyes and narrows her gaze before holding your face in her hands. You close your eyes.

She pricked you with something in the neck, and you start to feel sleepy.

"i can't have you worrying and losing sleep here, (name). You need rest and I'll make sure you get it. "

Closing your eyes, you feel your brain becoming empty of hourglasses, the empty sky, the thoughts that ate you alive.

Fast asleep you were.