Chapter 2 - Growing up

(2 years later after the 16th birthday)

Aarav's Pov

Sometimes I wonder why do I even bother visiting  home. Since the day I started college I tried my best to avoid home. To the extent where I insisted on staying at hostel even when my college is just 15 minutes walking distance from my home. Suprisingly my father agreed. Well even his rejection wouldn't have stopped me anyways. But these occassional visits create more fuss than necessary. My father won't stop nagging me to join his and Sagar uncle's joint firm.

Sagar uncle is the father of my one and only bestfriend, Akshit Yadav. Who is also the brother of the only girl I can't stop thinking about. I should not. I know but i can't stop this traitor of a brain of mine. Being friends with her turned everything upside down. She considered me her bestfriend. That ball of sunshine. Annoyingly irritatingly beautiful. Though I don't deserve her and definitely can't afford a friendship with her. We didn't talk for three years and so on. So i ended it all. Just like how every good thing in my life ends. I hurted her. Not only a stupid asshole but also a egoistic creep, that's what I am. I jerk myself. This is what happens every fucking time. I don't even realise when I start thinking about her. 𝘐𝘳𝘳𝘪𝘵𝘢𝘵𝘪𝘯𝘨.

I reach to my bike. The only friend i have after Akshit. I love the feel of it. The illusion of freedom. I reach into my pocket and pulled out the key. The key slid effortlessly into the ignition, and with a turn, the bike awoke from its slumber. There was a brief pause—a moment suspended in time—before the engine rumbled to life. The initial growl was deep and resonant, a sound that vibrated through my bones and echoed through the quiet evening air. As I twisted the throttle gently, the engine responded with a more robust roar. I settle down and with a twist of my wrist, the bike surged forward, the tires gripping the asphalt with a satisfying crunch. The world around me blurred into a tapestry of colors and shapes, the wind whipping past my face, carrying away all thoughts of the meeting I had with my father.

My destination was Akshit's house. I have to discuss everything with him through about this meeting as his father is also almost forcing him to join him. Even if I dread going to his place i know I can't escape it always. Upon reaching his house I, as usually stride towards his room after greeting aunty but a sound stops me in my tracks. Her voice. She was talking to someone and it was coming from the garden outside.

I slowly reach near the entrance to the garden. Her back was to me and she was talking to someone on the phone. As usual I think of avoiding and ignoring her. Her presence altogether so that she never gets any hints of what actually goes into my mind. The cold beast who doesn't feel any ounce of emotions, as she likes to make me remind me. But when I take one step towards the stairs I listen something I definitely wasn't supposed to. I shouldn't. But my feets get me back to the place I was seconds ago.

She was talking that shit of a boyfriend of hers, Abhishek Mishra, Abhi as she likes to call her. My hands itches to either snap his neck through the phone or hers for choosing that piece of shit as a love interest when nobody would even choose him for being friends with. I listen closely and realise that they were fighting. 𝘎𝘰𝘰𝘥. She almost yells at him, "Abhi please don't be ridiculous. I wasn't the one who got myself invited over to the party, I was invited and he is my friend. You know what leave me alone. The only thing you care all day is if I am spending time with any other boy." Asshole. Is he stupid? Ofcourse he is if he thinks that out of all the girls Shruti will cheat on him.

I was bored. Why don't she just break it off with that lizard i don't understand! I climb up the stairs while a smile plays on my lips with a ridiculous hope. 𝘎𝘦𝘵 𝘪𝘵 𝘵𝘰𝘨𝘦𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘳 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘫𝘦𝘳𝘬. I step into Akshit's room only to find it empty. I reach the another pair of stairs, leading to the terrace. I find the asshole there smoking. The new pitiful addiction he got himself into. I slowly stride towards him. The well built man was better then me but was worse in his ways. Maybe he isn't someone who will go for nefarious ways to destroy someone but he never hesitated to destroy someone especially people who were after his family. While he cared about the service of justice more then I ever gave a fuck about it. The bastard have a beating heart while mine is just there to pump blood.

I stand beside him and snatch the cigarette to have a puff. He doesn't mind, just stares ahead and asks, "Must be the meeting, hmm?" I laugh, ofcourse he knows. But I still asks, "Why? Otherwise I can't visit my 𝘣𝘳𝘰?" He glares at me and says, "Spare me the dramatics, Asshole." I sigh and says, "As always he wants me to join him but this time sir threw a condition in my face." He looks towards me curiously and asks, "What's the condition?" I kept looking straight ahead and reply, "He will donate all his belongings to charity."

He laughs and says, "That's not gonna work. You don't want anything, do you?" I sheepishly smile at him and reply, "Not even a penny." After a pause I ask, "How is the pressure on you?" He pops a gum into his mouth and says, "As usual but better then yours. Well who knows maybe I will takeover someday and it will be a pleasure without you there." I wish I cared enough. I say, "Thank you very much but not interested." He replies with, "Not invited at all."

Before i could say anything I notice someone entering the house through the garden gate. I focus on the person and Akshit follows my line of vision. It was none other then that vermin of a boyfriend of her. My skin heats. Akshit mutters, "Why the prick is here?" That's a good emotion we share there. They both were engrossed in a conversation which seems like a heated one. Akshit moves away from the railing and walks towards the sitting area. I face him not bothering myself with whatever good shit going over in the garden.

Suddenly Akshit looks frustrated and especially with me. When he notices my confused expression he says, "That prick would've never approached my sister if you were still by her side." I look away and say, "I am not her guardian. I took enough care of her. She can take care of herself now. Believe a little on your precious sister, asshole." He raises his brows and asks, "With that piece of shit?" I smile internally but reply him coldly, "Then why don't you ask her to leave him?" He smirks and says, "You said to believe in her didn't you? Anyways I can't. Everything is already too complicated for her in the family." I wonder what are the complications the princess of the house is facing. 𝘑𝘦𝘳𝘬.

Suddenly he suspiciously looks towards me and says the most uncomfortable thing. "You never said what happened between you two years ago!" With a pause he asks, "Why you two suddenly stopped playing bestfriends? Why you both stopped talking?" I face the limitless sky once again and answer, "We grew up, We grew apart. Simple!" 𝘓𝘐𝘈𝘙!! My traitor mind reminds me and my traitor heart starts beating fast. I look down to still found them both exchanging words. I grow more frustrated especially after the questionnaire.

I face him and say, "I will be leaving. Will you join me for the visit to Karan's new office?" He sighs and nods and says, "I will tommorow. I will walk you downstairs." I roll my eyes at him and we both reach downstairs after a minute. But before I can leave, we both hear Abhi, "You know how much I love you right? I can't live without you, Shruti." 𝘠𝘰𝘶 𝘸𝘰𝘯'𝘵 𝘣𝘦 𝘭𝘪𝘷𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘮𝘶𝘤𝘩 𝘰𝘯𝘤𝘦 𝘪 𝘨𝘦𝘵 𝘮𝘺 𝘩𝘢𝘯𝘥𝘴 𝘰𝘯 𝘺𝘰𝘶, 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘭𝘪𝘻𝘢𝘳𝘥, I think immediately.

What the fuck is wrong with me? The way my control slips away from my hand when it comes to...her. It's obnoxious. I grow hot as I see them hugging. The weather is too hot today or my blood pressure is rising. Akshit rolls his eyes but i notice how his hands clench in fists. He is too protective of his sister. Protective in a toxic way. I wonder about his future wife.

I look towards them once again and this time I find myself walking towards with every intention to punch the life out of him as I see him kissing her cheek. But before I could, she kisses his cheek and says, "I forgive you." My breathing grows hot as my heart and stomach does something which wasn't very much of a delight. Manipulative bastard. I storm out of the house.

᳀᳀᳀᳀᳀᳀᳀

𝗛𝗲𝗹𝗹𝗼 𝗱𝗲𝗮𝗿 𝗿𝗲𝗮𝗱𝗲𝗿 💌

𝗪𝗲 𝗵𝗼𝗽𝗲 𝘆𝗼𝘂 𝗹𝗶𝗸𝗲𝗱 𝗶𝘁!!
(Did you? Will Shri ever forgive him? Will he ever feel more?
*Their ages: Aarav - 21, Shruti- 18. Akshit is of same age as Aarav and Abhi is 18 too*)

🎀Really hope that you all will be  showing as much love as you have shown to our Akshu and tia🎀

𝗗𝗼 𝘃𝗼𝘁𝗲 𝗮𝗻𝗱 𝗰𝗼𝗺𝗺𝗲𝗻𝘁. 𝗔𝗹𝘀𝗼 𝗱𝗼 𝗳𝗼𝗹𝗹𝗼𝘄 𝘂𝘀 𝗼𝗻 𝗶𝗻𝘀𝘁𝗮𝗴𝗿𝗮𝗺 𝗮𝗻𝗱 𝗵𝗲𝗿𝗲. 𝗔𝗹𝘀𝗼 𝘆𝗼𝘂 𝗰𝗮𝗻 𝗳𝗶𝗻𝗱 𝘂𝘀 𝗼𝗻 𝘀𝗰𝗿𝗼𝗹𝗹𝘀𝘁𝗮𝗰𝗸. 𝗪𝗶𝗹𝗹 𝗺𝗲𝗲𝘁 𝘀𝗼𝗼𝗻 💌 *Follow me on insta @pihuwrites17 for spoilers*

𝑇𝑎𝑘𝑒𝑠𝑜𝑚𝑒𝑙𝑜𝑣𝑒𝑚𝑢𝑎ℎ❤