Chapter one: The Awakening

The city of Draminia was abuzz with anticipation. Today marked the annual power ceremony, a significant event for the families that possessed unique abilities. At the heart of the city stood the grand Arden estate, its opulent halls filled with guests and the energy of the momentous occasion.

Inside the grand hall, adorned with intricate tapestries depicting the rich history of the Arden family, young members of the powerful families and their allies gathered. Among them were Sarah, Ian, Evelyn, Amara, Leah, Kelly, and other youngsters, all waiting to discover their powers.

Sarah Enderson stood nervously, her eyes scanning the room. She had always felt different, sensing she possessed a unique power unlike any other in her family. Today, that power would finally be revealed. She glanced at her friends, who were equally anxious and excited. Ian, with his confident smile; Evelyn, her eyes bright with anticipation; Amara, calm and composed; Leah, focused and determined; and Kelly, trying to hide her nervousness.

At the center of the hall, a grand portal shimmered with an ethereal light-the portal of the future. Each young member would offer a drop of their blood to the portal to receive their power. The room buzzed with excitement as the ceremony began.

One by one, the youngsters stepped forward. The air was filled with gasps and cheers as each power was revealed. Ian stepped up, cutting his palm and letting his blood fall into the portal. The portal glowed brightly, and Ian's power of teleportation was confirmed. Evelyn followed, her power of teleportation revealed. Amara's serene demeanor reflected her ability to heal. Leah's resolute nature was matched by her power to control mind. Kelly's nervousness turned to joy as her power of curse confirmed.

Finally, it was Sarah's turn. She felt a mixture of excitement and anxiety as she took the ceremonial dagger. With a deep breath, she made a small cut on her palm and let a few drops of blood fall into the portal. As her blood touched the portal, it began to glow brightly. The light grew more intense, casting long shadows across the hall. The guests watched in awe, but then something unexpected happened. The portal's glow shifted, darkening to a deep, ominous black. A chill spread through the room, and murmurs of confusion and fear erupted among the guests.

Suddenly, the hall was plunged into chaos. The portal's swirling became violent, and the once-calm ceremony turned into a scene of panic. Sarah's family acted quickly, their voices commanding and urgent.

"Everyone, out! Now!" her father shouted, his tone leaving no room for argument.

The guests hurriedly exited the hall, casting worried glances back at the blackened portal. Sarah's mother gently but firmly guided her out of the hall and up to her room. The door closed behind her with a heavy thud, and Sarah found herself alone, the weight of what had just happened pressing down on her.

She paced her room, her mind racing. What did the black portal mean? Why had the ceremony gone so wrong? As the night wore on, Sarah's questions remained unanswered, and she felt a growing sense of dread. She glanced at her hand, the cut still fresh and stinging.

Locked in her room, Sarah knew her life had changed forever. What lay ahead was uncertain, but she could feel the stirring of her newfound power, a power that seemed to be tied to the very fabric of time itself.

To be continued ~