Intro

Once upon a time, in a world steeped in myth and legend, there lived extraordinary beings known as the Fae. These enchanting creatures had mysterious origins, linked to the ancient Elves, and were gifted with incredible powers. They were easily recognizable by their distinctive hooked ears, skin shades ranging from deep blue to rich black, and mesmerizing hazel eyes that glowed with an otherworldly light. But rather than being admired, the Fae were often met with fear and prejudice from humans, who struggled to understand their uniqueness. This misunderstanding led to years of conflict and suffering.

The escalating tension between humans and Fae finally erupted into a devastating war that decimated half of the Fae civilization. Many Fae fled their homes, leaving behind families and friends, while others went into hiding to escape the violence. As a result, no human had seen a Fae in generations. The stories of these mystical beings faded into whispers shared around campfires, with some doubting whether they ever existed. Yet, one person was determined to uncover the truth about the Fae.

Her name was Elizabeth Merry, a spirited young woman who lived on the outskirts of town. Orphaned as a baby, Elizabeth had grown up feeling like an outsider, always yearning for adventure but never having anyone to share it with. Life was hard for her; she often encountered people who took advantage of her kindness, leaving her wary and alone. Despite this, her heart remained full of dreams and aspirations.

One slow Saturday night, Elizabeth worked in an old ale and beer barn, where the air was thick with the scent of aged wood and spilled drinks. The barn served up the occasional puffy platter and old-fashioned cakes made with honey and chocolate—remnants of a bygone era. Just as she was about to take a break, her boss, Mabel, a no-nonsense woman with a heart of gold, called out, "Lizbeth, come fill up these buckets, will you?"

With a resigned sigh, Elizabeth grabbed the rusty buckets and set them on the freshly cleaned counter, causing a splash of murky water to hit the surface. "Yes, ma'am," she replied, forcing a smile that felt heavy on her lips.

As she stepped out the back door, the darkness loomed ahead, almost suffocating in its silence. "Why can’t I be like everyone else?" Elizabeth whispered to herself, her voice barely breaking the stillness. "Stuck here, day after day—it’s so exhausting. I just want a break."

As she filled one of the buckets from the well, something caught her eye—a small, glowing red orb radiating an enchanting light. "Oh my," she gasped, her curiosity piqued. When she reached out and touched it, the orb pulsed with energy, lifting from her hand and absorbing into her chest, leaving a warm glow that spread through her.

Elizabeth felt a whirlwind of emotions—confusion, excitement, and a hint of fear. The orb seemed to awaken something within her, a sense of purpose she had never experienced before. Returning to her work, she tried to dismiss what had just happened, but she couldn’t shake the feeling that the orb was calling to her, pulling her toward something greater. Every time she attempted to follow this mysterious urge, it led her deeper into the dark, alluring forest that bordered her world—a place filled with secrets, dangers, and perhaps the Fae she had only dared to dream of. Little did she know, her life was about to change forever, intertwining her fate with the magic that had long been lost to her kind.