1.

A couple of days had passed since the strange event. Elizabeth was still going about her usual routines: helping her village, going to work, and assisting the neighbor's sick grandma. She was walking with her basket full of fruits, giving them away to those in need, when she paused in thought. "I haven't checked on Lady Belle recently. I hope she's doing well," Elizabeth thought to herself. She went to her neighbor's door and knocked. "Hello, Ms. Belle? Are you awake? I brought some tea." After a few minutes, an old, polite lady in her mid-80s opened the door.

"Ah, Lizbet, it's so wonderful to see you. Please, come inside," Belle exclaimed, reaching out to embrace Elizabeth as she ushered her through the door. "I'm doing just fine, Ms. Belle. I brought you your favorite tea. I hope it brings you some comfort," Elizabeth said with a warm smile as she carefully placed the cart of tea by the table. She glanced around the room, taking in the sight of the many ancient relics that adorned Belle's home, each one a testament to her adventurous spirit and love of history.

"Sorry for the mess, dear. I just haven't found the time to tidy up," Belle muttered as she struggled to reach for a chipped teapot. "I'll take care of that," Lizbet quickly offered. Taking in her surroundings, Liz noticed the absence of warmth and vibrancy in the house, marked by soiled towels strewn across the floor and a sink filled with unwashed dishes. It was painfully clear that Ms. Belle was facing what appeared to be her final days.

Elizabeth carefully picked up the delicate porcelain teapot, handling it with gentle hands, and placed it onto the old but reliable stove to start brewing the tea. Meanwhile, Belle, lying in her bed, let out a soft, tired sigh.

"Thank you, dear Elizabeth. I'm truly doing my best, even though I'm confined to this bed," she said with a hint of exhaustion, punctuating her words with a dry laugh that failed to fully conceal the weariness lurking behind her dark crimson eyes. "Is there anything I can do to help you?" Elizabeth asked, her voice filled with genuine concern.

Belle shook her head slightly. "I'm afraid not, dear. This is a battle that I must face alone, the unrelenting march of time against me." As the tea began to infuse the room with the soothing scents of lavender and maple, Elizabeth took hold of the teapot and started pouring the fragrant, steaming liquid into the waiting cups. "It's all right, Ms. Belle. I can arrange for the young orphan children from a few blocks away to come and lend a hand. I could even visit you more frequently," she suggested with a warm smile, knowing full well that Belle would find it difficult to refuse such a kind and thoughtful offer.

"Well, if it's not too much on your kind soul, then I will gladly accept. But enough about me, what have you been up to?"

Elizabeth hesitated before confiding in her senior, worried about potential judgment. At the same time, she longed to expand her knowledge about the Fae people. However, she faced a dilemma, as the people in her village were apprehensive about engaging with the Fae.

"Um, Ms. Belle, have you had any encounters with the Fae?" Elizabeth inquired, her fingers nervously toying with her rings.

Belle regarded Elizabeth with curiosity before responding, "I have, a few years back. He was a striking creature. His demeanor was rather aloof and chilly, but his beauty was mesmerizing." Belle reached for her tea, her hand trembling slightly.

"Are they always like that? I've always been fascinated by the Fae. I was under the impression that they perished during the war."

Belle chuckled softly, "No, dear, they are very much alive. They may even walk among us." She took a measured sip of her tea before continuing, "I recall the days when I would venture into the realm of the Fae and partake in their enchanted fruits. You see, the Fae are similar to humans, but with extraordinary abilities. Some are benevolent and magnanimous, while others are distant. However, one common trait among the Fae is their penchant for manipulation."

"Really?"

Belle smiled, "Yes, dear, the Fae are incapable of making a lie. Their immortality prohibits it. They can only distort the truth by artfully twisting their words."

"Oh, I never knew that." She finished her tea and got up, "Well, Ms. Belle, thank you for everything. You can have the basket of fruits."

Belle smiled weakly, "Thank you, dear. You're such a kind soul."

As the days rolled on, she felt an irresistible magnetic attraction drawing her towards the dense, mysterious forest. The pull was so strong that she began to hear whispers and distant singing emanating from the heart of the thick fog enveloping the woodland. It consumed her thoughts, leaving her unable to focus on anything else. Unable to ignore the call any longer, she decided to devise a plan to finally immerse herself in the depths of the forest.