Chapter 15 part 1: Revelations

RO was distracted as he was idly walking the street. His world was in turmoil. It was now almost morning time. And he stopped as he neared a small Café and saw a mortal getting out her motor vehicle. She was cussing about how it was a piece of shit. Once out, she slammed the door then noticed Ro by the front of the store.

    It wasn’t fear she gave Ro, it was attitude. “You got a staring problem, bruh?”

    Ro smiled at her meanness. “I was wondering, if I could be of help?”

    Now she looked at him harder. Her eyes were a beautiful shade of cerulean blue. Her hair strawberry blonde and in a messy bun atop her head. She looked young and clearly wasn’t shy. “You a pervert or no?”

    Ro laughed, “Not in the dangerous way.”

    At this she bristled. “BRUH, why would you word it like that? Do you know anything about cars?” She asked exasperated.

    Ro didn’t know a thing about cars, but he could fix anything that had an energy source. Raising up his hands he pointed at the front of her car indicating he was walking to it. She eyed him suspiciously, yet he knew she was also checking him out. When he got to the hood she came over beside him. Her gaze on his as she opened it. He didn’t have a clue what he was looking at, but he could feel the source of broken energy from it.

    “Might you try to start it while I do something?”

    Her pretty gaze narrowed. “If you break it, you buy it.” She said sternly.

    Ro raised a brow, “Isn’t it already broken, if I’m not mistaken?”

    At this, he got his first real genuine smile from her and it made him truly look at her. She was in fact, very beautiful; for a mortal. She wore a work uniform for the café and was fit and lean. Noticing him staring, she stepped back. “Ok Pretty Boy. If you fix Beatrix, a coffee and concha is on me.”

    Confused, Ro put his hands on his hips. “Beatrix, is your motor vehicle?”

    She chuckled going back to the driver’s seat. “Yes, she’s my baby. I’ve had her since I dropped out of community college.” She hopped in the front seat. “Tell me when, Pretty Boy.” She mused. Her taunting, made him grin. Mortals were so unabashed at times.

    Being careful she didn’t see, Ro placed his hand on the part in the car that felt off. Sending his magic into it. He looked back around at her. “Try it now.”

    She raised a blond brow, but did as he said. The car coming back to life. She did it a couple more times, her mouth hanging open in shock. When she was done she got out walking back to the front. Putting the hood down, she eyed him appreciatively. “Sorry, for being a bitch. And thank you so much for fixing Beatrix. I don’t know how you did that when my mechanic said she was done for. But you did. Um….I’m not really supposed to let anyone in before I open but……if you promise its our secret and to behave, I’ll have a coffee and Concha for you stat. Long as you’re not a predator.” She retorted, partially joking.

    Ro had no where else to go, so he nodded. “I’ll behave and I promise its our secret. And I’m no predator.”

    She grinned, pulling out some keys out of her little work apron around her hips. “Follow me then. I’m Mandy. And you are?”

    Ro followed her to the door, “Ero, but you can call me Ro.”

    She laughed unlocking the café, “Ero like Eros? Wow, your parents must’ve really loved mythology and hated you.”

    Ro felt his lips tugging, as they walked into the cozy little shop behind her, checking out her full backside. She quickly disarmed the alarm and flipped on the lights overhead since it was still a bit dark out. Ro loved the little space and scent of pastries and coffee.

    Mandy walked by him her gaze traveling him briefly as she walked behind the counter. She slapped the top. “You sit, Erooo,” she said drawing out his name playfully. “I’ll brew coffee first. But the fresh Concha’s I have to prep. Pastries take time, hence why I’m up here at the crack of dawn.”

    Ero nodded, “I have some cooking experience if you’d like help?”

    She had already started the coffee and gave him incredulous eyes. “I’ve got to see this, if you indeed have cooking experience.”

    Ro smirked. He did indeed have cooking experience. Hundreds of years worth.

 ~~

_________________________
💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕
A/N: Yes this part is short and sweet. 😜.
Sometimes it's good to savor flavor....
Please remember to like, vote & comment.
I truly love hearing from you guys. I might be a bit shy.
But I love and appreciate it.

Yours Truly,

Lo Lace