Chapter 3

Under the ruins of a chapel turned into a simple home with a kitchen, indoor plumbing, and more utilities, a young man sat on a chair while reading a book. A small orb of light floated behind him, giving him ample lighting as he read the book's contents. Magic was more complex compared to those available in-game. 

'While I can perfectly cast all the spells on the base version of the games, the others...' Chanting words of power from the book, an orb of magicka formed on his hand before hitting a potted mushroom. 

The mushroom glowed as magicka bathed the fungus and it started to grow. 

Pop!

 Fungal debri launched itself everywhere as the spell failed. 

"Attempt 23 for Mytocurgy is a failure," A nearby quill danced across the parchment of a nearby tome. "I said the required chants, yet it still failed. Magicka must have been too much," 

Sadly, the perfect casting method only works for the effects learnable in the game. Things such as Mytocurgy, the manipulation of fungi used by the Telvanni is a more complex combination of Restoration and Alteration. My mastery of destruction and Alteration, allows me to.

'I can summon any amount of Daedra but the challenge will be with binding a new one.' Lowering the book, the young man pressed the book back on the shelf before closing the shelf and locking it with a master-level locking spell. 

"Stay and protect the house," 

"Yes, my lord." A humanoid creature dressed in full plate armor around 6 feet tall replied with a bow. "Stay safe," 

A portal of light formed in front of the young man. "Are those words true or a lie?" The moment he got near the portal, the young man's form disappeared.

-=-=-=-

First-person P.o.V.: The Archmage from another world

0-0-0-0

Life sucks! All my spells unrelated to the ones you can learn in-game are difficult to cast. When they say that even after hundreds of lifetimes you can't achieve TRUE mastery of magic. 

That's why I somehow was able to contract with several dead beings from the numerous realms of the dead. 

-Savos Aren, the Dunmer archmage of the college of Winterhold during 4E 201 and a master of wards praised by the Telvanni Wizard-lord Neloth

-Vanus Galerion, who was bored in his heaven, decided to reach out and even contacted me. A Master of Destruction magic. I mean this guy was captured during ESO's main quest to create a massive Black Anchor to suck Tamriel to Coldharbour in hours instead of a few months and while still weakened. 

-Archmage Hannibal Traven, the archmage of the Mage Guild and the Arcane University as of the Oblivion Crisis. 

The Three archmages of three different games and eras. I can call upon them as much as I want. Vanus Galerion is a bit annoying but he's a good teacher and knowing why he made the Mages guild made me like him more. 

'Your studies are going well,' Hannibal Traven, said as he stood by my side. Floated is the right term since he is a construct only I can see. Sure, I can cast spells from the games without problem but the upper mysteries and knowledge in magic as a whole? I'm a novice in all aspects of the scholastic aspects. 

Sure, I can use an unrelenting force powerful enough to level buildings but a true master with powerful insight and knowledge in using the Thu'um can level entire entire rows of buildings. According to the book, Children of the Sky, ancient tongues form the shape of a wedge to blow open gatehouses.