Part Nine

Since he had found this empty folder, Zayn was looking at Niall more carefully. He tried to cross him more frequently, asking for him anytime Perrie wanted those damn refreshments, shooting looks at him in History class, in an attempt to make some more of his memories about the Horan's Company back. But nothing was coming back. He had read the articles about the accident, trying to catch some information. After all, the Malik business is a medical and pharmaceutical group, so he was hoping to find some cause of death where he could read in between the lines. But again, nothing.

Zayn may have sounded like a creep but he had a very good intuition and his intuition was pulling him towards Niall.

Niall on the other hand was trying to not get mad about this routine of him being the one chosen to get the weird couple's after sex snacks. Feeling embarrassed each time to be pulled down to his position, even though Perrie was not that mean, she was just not the sharpest tool from the box.
Louis had been trying to ease Niall's bitterness with humor which was the only ray of sunshine from that and motivated him to go to school. The rhythm was truly accelerating now that the freshness of the first months had ended.

Louis was exhausted and wondering how Niall could pull up to the pace while working so much. Well maybe Louis was tired because he was having trouble sleeping and was already deprived in the second month of their final year of high school.

Also he did not really pay attention when he turned around the corner of the hallway and ended up bumping into Harry's chest, his cheek hitting the brunette's jaw.

— Ouch !
— Oh I'm sorry !

Harry had caught Louis by the waist to prevent him from losing his balance, pulling him softly towards himself. Recognizing Harry, Louis found himself blushing lightly, feeling his hand just above his hip.
Louis's hand reached to massage his own cheek, feeling a little sore already.

— It's fine, it's my fault, I was walking too fast. Sorry !
— I must have hit you hard on the face, let me see, Louis right ?
— Yeah ...

Harry freed his hand to grab Louis's face to take a closer look at the red area on the top of his cheek.
You could hit me with something else ! Thought Louis, before chasing his naughty ideas off his mind and pulling his head away softly from Harry's big hands.

— I'm ok, no worries !
— I was actually looking for Niall, we're supposed to go to Chemistry class together, maybe you've seen him ?
— Oh, he should be at our usual spot, I'm heading there actually.
— Usual spot ?
— Yes, it's just our meeting point next to the plants in the main hallway ... nothing fancy !

A light giggle escaped Harry's lips, Louis loving the sound of that.

— Ok I'm following you then ! Show me your headquarters !

They started to walk down the stairs next to each other while Louis was trying to cover his nervousness with humor.

— You'll see we've got a sauna there, next to our premium buffet and billiards.
— Hum yeah and I heard a lot about the mini cinema !

Harry was playing his game and laughing while Louis was acting like a hotel hostess.

— The mini cinema, how could I forget about this !

Still playing their little game, they reached the usual spot to find Niall on his phone.

— And here it is, the famous Tomlinson-Horan Headquarters !

Niall looked up at them, confused, while they were smiling like fools to each other.

— What ?
— Hi Niall !
— Hey Harry ... What's happening here ?
— Louis was just taking me to your iconic meeting point.
— Ahah yes ... the plant is what makes it iconic !
— Yes ! Indeed !