3

The child slowly nibbled at the slightly chared cubes of lavender melon, unable to use the chopsticks correctly just stabbing them in like a skewer occasionally holding them up to Gorou " eat" he would mumble between the chewing sounds as he smiled " is it yummy ?" Gorou took the cube with his chopsticks and took a bite and the child nodded his head up and down with a big giddy grin. Gorou but the chopsticks down and ran his hand through the young boy's tail. It really was a mess it would take a good hour off combing to get it to a somewhat decent condition but it wasn't to bad.

While Gorou's attention was on the boy's tail next thing he felt was a pair of small hands on his own and he looked down to see the little boy grabbing his tail with his newly sticky hands from the lavender melon. The fur on Gorou's tail coming up with the boys hands as he pulled them up to wave at Gorou. Gorou touched his tail and felt the sticky clumps of where the young boy had just touched " fuc- fudge ... Fudge" Gorou looked at the ceiling " don't curse in front of a child " he grumbled to himself

"You are a messy little pup aren't you " he smiled down at the child who was finishing the last cube and when he did clapped his hands together " are you all done " Gorou clapped as well " all done " the little boy clapped again smiling with a big toothy grin. Gorou picked the boy up and held him against his chest and opened the door to the bathroom with his foot before sitting the child in the bath "your too small for this but you'll be nice and safe while I make you a nice warm bath " he ruffled the young boy's hair before setting some pots of water to boil. He wouldn't need to much he could probably wash the child in the sink. He was having some doubts about the boy's age he acted like a 2 to 3 year old but he was very small for that age bracket could he just not have had enough nutrients, would he always be a smaller size or was he just naturally that small and would be smaller for the rest of his life.

The water hadn't started bubbling but it was warm enough that he took most of the pots and poured them into the sink leaving the last one to boil. As the bubbles formed he took the last pot and poured it in checking the temperature to make sure it wouldn't burn the boy. Gorou picked the boy back up and flicked his nose playfully before placing him in the sink and grabbing some soap as he gently lathered the boy's tail with soapy water, being careful not to pull too hard on the sensitive fibres. The boy giggled and squirmed as Gorou scrubbed his tail, clearly enjoying the playful interaction. "Almost done," Gorou said, smiling at the boy's infectious laughter.

Gorou took a comb and gently brushed through the boys tail gently untangling the knots and mattes in the white fur. After a long time he placed the comb down and rubbed the boys cheek and noticed how much he enjoyed playing with the water " you like it don't you " he smiled as he bent down to the young boy's eye level
" I like water too, I lived on an island where sea water flowed down from the cliffs down into our land" he smiled at the boy " it's beautiful there the land is covered in coral and it's breathtaking. The ocean is amazing too and sitting on a beach watching the waves crash for hours is like heaven"

Gorou took a small cup from a nearby shelf and filled it with warm water from the sink. With a gentle touch, he tilted the boy's head back, making sure not to spill any water into his eyes. "Hold still now," Gorou said, giving the boy a reassuring grin. He slowly poured the water over the boy's hair and ears, taking care to make sure every strand and every fold was thoroughly wet. The boy let out a happy gasp as he felt the water running over him, clearly enjoying the sensation.

Gorou picked him up and let him stand on the ground before he grabbed a towel he rapped a towel around him and shook it " brrr" the little boy giggled as he did so. Gorou knew the best way to dry the boy off was to take advantage off the summer heat. He pulled on the boys trousers and took his hand as he walked towards the front door. Itto came out of there bedroom his hair a mess and his shirt on back to front "morning puppy" he groaned before properly opening his eyes " oh and little puppy ... Why are you so wet little guy?" He knelt down and held his fist out for a fist bump and the little boy smiled at him before grabbing the fist as best as he could and shook it and Gorou just laughed. "I gave him a bath and now we are going outside so he can dry off in the sun " Gorou smiled as he walked to the door with the little boy who was now walking on all fours like a dog " oh Itto" Gorou turned back grinning as he opened the door "what?" Itto looked up confused " your shirts on backwards" Gorou responded walking out the door and started closing it behind him " oh Itto one last thing, maybe we can keep him... Maybe " he closed the door and Itto started punching the air in excitement.

Itto had no reason to care so much about keeping the boy but he did he couldn't explain why he wanted to keep him but the little boy reminded him so much of Gorou. He was completely ignorant about how the boy resembled himself but he could see the resemblance to Gorou the ears and tail being the most obvious but there were other things like the little paws on his feet they where more paw like then Gorou's but you wouldn't even know it if you looked at him. He had little paw pads on the bottom of his feet, that left in Itto's mind the cutest little prints on the ground when he left the house without shoes. The same round eyes except filled with wonder in a way Itto believes Gorou's eyes did look before all he has seen and been through.