☆Flashback 1 - "Wrecked & Worried" Pt 1☆

"He-.. Hello!?... I- Is anybody out th- there! Help!" You heard someone cry out from the woods of your backyard.

You were home alone since both of your parents weren't home. Your Mother was out running errands for others, as your Father was out at work.

You were only eight years old, out in your backyard talking to yourself. You didn't have many friends as you were one, colored, so there were barely any people your age who would talk to you in the neighborhood you were in. There weren't many negros around the area you lived in. & two, you were never one to make friends, or even put in the effort to talk to new people. You always stayed silent unless you were spoken to. It's just the way you were. Even though you were this way, you never hesitated to stand up for yourself though. Showing those who's boss isn't so bad, as long as you're not the one to start the war you fight in.

"What was that?" You mumbled to yourself; staying as silent as you can in order to hear the cries again.

"..."

"Help! Pl- ease!" The voice choked.

You instantly stood up & rushed towards the woods to find the source of the noise. "Who's there!?" You asked, as you stopped to listen again.

"..!"

"O- Over here!" The voice answered, sounding hurt.

"Hold on! I'll find you!" You shouted, rushing to the direction of the noise.

After some more cries, replies, & running, you finally find who is in need.

You gasp in seeing a... boy?

"Oh my! What happened?" You asked.

The boy was crying, eyes red from crying, his tears rushing down his face, staining his light skin. His blonde hair & clothing partially wet which seems to be from the rain that had occurred the night before. Parts of his clothing stained from blood, ripped, &/or cut from what seems to be by thorns & other outdoor nature hazards. His arms, face, & legs seem to be slightly cut from thorns as well. His blonde, medium length hair is messy & tangled. Both of his feet are bare & slightly swollen & red.

He was stuck in a small bare trap that caught his foot. Your eyes widen in horror, worry, & curiosity. What could have happened to this poor boy for him to be in such a state of pain?

"..." The boy didn't answer your question, still sobbing, unsure of how to explain. "H- help.. me. Please...." He cried, his eyes locked on yours, the tears in his eyes flowing more as you stared at him.

You rushed to him & quickly got on your knees, facing his captured leg. "Don't worry, I'll help you. I know how to disable a bear trap." You inferred quickly.

"Okay... this might hurt.. take deep breaths okay?" You directed, hands ready to touch the trap.

The boy nods in response, trying to control his breath.

After a few moments of breathing control, he was able to maintain deep breaths.

"Ready?"

"...Ready.."

You took a moment before you started to handle the trap & started to open it slowly, using all your strength to open it. You were only eight, but that didn't mean you wouldn't let small strength stop you.

While you were undoing the trap, the boy's cries & breaths were more intense & heavier.

"Sorry! Sorry! Sorry! Sorry! Sorry!" You repeated, feeling bad that undoing the trap was bringing more pain to the trapped leg on the boy.