𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐞𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧

⸻Six months after surviving the horrors of Blackwood Mountain, Matt and Kida navigated the complexities of healing from their trauma. Nightmares often plagued Matt, and Kida, his unwavering support, comforted him through each one. Their bond had only strengthened, especially with Kida's acceptance to Matt's college, ensuring they remained together.

Their story had captured public attention, with news headlines and reporters delving into the terrifying ordeal. Headlines like "Survivors of Blackwood Mountain: A Tale of Horror and Resilience" and "Escape from the Mountain of Death" circulated widely, painting a picture of their harrowing experience. Opinions were mixed—some praised their bravery and resilience, while others were skeptical about the events, adding to the survivors' stress.

Kida's parents were deeply concerned, especially her father, who had always warned her about the mountain's strange aura. He had an uneasy feeling from the start and now felt vindicated, but also deeply troubled by what Kida had endured. Her mother, while supportive, was worried about Kida's mental well-being and the long-term impact of the trauma.

Matt's mom was a pillar of strength for him, offering unconditional support and understanding. She worried constantly about his mental health but was grateful that Kida was by his side, helping him cope. The ordeal had brought them closer as a family, with regular check-ins and heartfelt conversations.

Their friends faced their own struggles, and the group's dynamics had shifted. Mike hid his trauma behind humor, but his relationship with Emily had deteriorated completely. Emily chose not to press charges against Mike for the attempted murder when he almost shot her, but she made it clear she didn't want him near her. The distance between them was palpable, a constant reminder of the fragile trust that had been shattered.

Jessica battled anxiety and depression, relying heavily on Mike's support, even as he dealt with his own guilt and trauma. Sam channeled her energy into environmental activism, finding purpose in her cause, but she too felt a growing disconnection from the group. Ashley and Chris, both grappling with PTSD, found solace in their budding relationship, often withdrawing from the others to cope together. Emily, ever determined, focused on her fashion career to regain control, keeping herself isolated from the group more often than not. Josh, the most affected, continued intensive therapy and psychiatric care, slowly progressing in his recovery but remaining distant from his friends.

Despite their individual battles and the subtle disassociation within the group, they stayed in touch, providing a vital, if strained, support network. They regularly checked in on each other, drawing strength from their shared experiences, even as they struggled to maintain their old bonds.

For Matt and Kida, their journey was far from over, but with each other, they felt capable of overcoming any challenge. Their love, forged in the crucible of their ordeal, was unbreakable, and together, they looked forward to whatever came next.

The public eye remained fascinated with their story, but amidst the media frenzy, they found solace in their private moments, knowing that their true strength lay in their unwavering bond and the support of those who truly understood what they had been through. The fractured dynamics of their group underscored the complexity of their healing, but it was in the small, intimate moments that Matt and Kida found the resilience to keep moving forward. h.

Warning: Smut (You guys would still read anyways)

⸻Kida shot up from the bed as she heaved loudly clutching her chest and hair. Realizing she's in a familiarity of her surroundings, a room where she found solace in. She took a huge breath of relief and covered herself with the blanket as it gave her more comfort. It's been another night where she had the same dream, over and over again. The dream of her being trapped alive. Hearing Josh's psycho voice. The breathing. The closed space. How many more nights will this continue?