𝐎𝐍𝐄

Selena A. Harris
Dallas, Texas

Selena stood in her and her boyfriend of 3 year's kitchen preparing the dinner she knew he'd demand as soon as he entered their home.

She watched the fried chicken closely making sure it didn't burn while she stirred the mashed potatoes and mixed around the sweet corn, adding a tablespoon of sugar.

Selena looked over at the clock that hung on the wall. It was going on 9:00 pm and her boyfriend, Caleb still wasn't back yet. Usually he'd be back at about 7 pm but for the past weeks he'd come in later and later.

Caleb was a corner boy who thought he was bigger than what he was. Often times when Selena asked why he came back so late he'd say he was working hard to bring home money or if he didn't feel like answering her questions he'd just slap or push her until she left it alone.

Selena shrugged it off because in no way did she wish he was there, she actually wished Caleb would stay wherever the fuck he was for majority of the day instead of coming back to yell and put his hands on her.

About another 30 minutes later Selena finished dinner and Caleb stumbled in drunkly. "Hey baby, come give me some love." Caleb slurred and staggered into the kitchen.

"Hey Caleb." Selena mumbled lowly not returning the pet name. "Who the fuck pissed in your cereal? Fix that fucking tone before I fix it for you!" Caleb looked at her evilly with his eyes low.

"Sorry." Selena quickly apologized knowing that if she didn't he'd automatically hit her.

"Here go sit while I fix your plate, then I'll start your shower for you." Selena ushered him to go into their small dining room and sit then she went to fix him and herself a plate.

The pair ate in silence until Caleb start to huff loudly. "What's wrong? Is it the food?" Selena looked up growing annoyed with him.

"I want some pussy tonight and don't hit me with that 'It'll hurt the baby' or 'Im tired' bullshit because your ass don't do shit but sit on your ass all day!" Caleb growled.

That last comment hurt Selena because she tried multiple times to go back to work since finding out she was pregnant and Caleb refused stating he felt it made him look like less of a man if his pregnant girlfriend was working when men are the providers.

Instead of arguing about it Selena agreed because she knew it would make him feel better, now all he did was throw that she was unemployed in her face.

Before finding out she was with child, Selena worked as a secretary and was even getting ready to go to college. When she found out she was 6 weeks pregnant, her world started to crumble.

She was beyond scared to become someone's mother at the young age of twenty but with her bestfriend Marie and Caleb's help she felt she could do it.

Selena didn't have her parents or even her siblings support because they weren't even aware she was pregnant.

When she first started dating Caleb at 16, her parents disapproved of him tremendously but Selena thought he was the one so she stood up for him time and time again until she decided to run away from home and stay with Caleb and his family.

That was short-lived because after two years, Caleb's parents found out he was selling drugs and kicked him out. Selena wanted to go back to her parents but she thought they wouldn't want to see her.

Selena tried to keep in touch with her siblings, Jade and Dion but she often went radio silent on them when she would get sad and couldn't tell them why. Selena knew it was dumb but she didn't want to get judged or hear "I told you so."

So she started working as a secretary at 18 and eventually me and Caleb saved up and bought this apartment.

It wasn't the nicest but the one bedroom one bathroom was all they could afford so they were proud we they got it.

"Caleb you know I wanted to go back to work so I hate when you throw that shit in my face like it was my choice!" Selena spoke.

"Your pregnant ass don't need to be in nobody's business trying to work, instead you should be a fucking woman and take care of your house and your man like you're supposed to do!" Caleb barked.

"What the fuck ever Caleb." Selena rolled her eyes. She didn't want to argue with Caleb, that was the only thing they did these days.

"What was that bitch?" Caleb quickly reached over the table and put his hand around Selena's throat. Selena tried to pry his hand off of her but he just squeezed tighter.

Selena felt her ability to breathe slipping away and her chest tightened. Her arms still pressed against Caleb's in attempt to get them off of her throat.

"S-st-" Selena tried to plead with Caleb. "Speak up bitch!" Caleb taunted her with an evil sneer on his light brown face. He lessened his grip on Selena's throat until she could finally breathe again.

Selena looked up at Caleb's face with tears streaming down her face. Selena was beyond hurt and couldn't believe Caleb really just tried to take her and their child's life.

"What did you say just before? I couldn't hear you?" Caleb smirked. "Nothing" Selena spoke after finally wiping away her tears.

No matter how much they'd argue, all Caleb did was push, slap, and punch her. He'd never tried to really kill her and Selena never thought she'd died until just now.

"Like I thought bitch." Caleb growled then went back to eating. Selena quickly finished her food even though she didn't want to, she still had to feed her child. Then she began to wash the dishes and clean the kitchen.

Silently she cried, praying for a way out of this nightmare. "And once you done with that come in the room so you can handle this" Caleb came behind her and placed his hard dick on her plump ass.

Selena's face was covered in disgust but against her better judgment she mumbled lowly "Okay."