𝐓𝐇𝐑𝐄𝐄

Nasir E. Christian
Dallas,Texas

"How you feeling baby bro!" My older brother, Isiah, asked after dapping me up. We were standing in the kitchen of our parents house while everyone else was either outside filling their plates with barbecue or in the living room gossiping.

Today I was released from prison after doing a three year bid for some stupid shit. I was a young nigga at the age of 24 and at 21 I was doing any and everything until the cops cuffed and hauled my black ass to jail.

"Good man, it feels great to be out of that damn cell for good. I don't ever plan to go back to that hell hole" I shook my head. "I feel you on that baby bro, one and done. You did your bid now it's time to get real and focus on business." Isiah preached.

"That's definitely what I'm focused on, I know you opened your home to me but ima just crash in my old room here until I can get back on my feet. Oh and I definitely appreciate you for that spot at the barbershop, I know a couple niggas salty I got it for free." I chuckled.

Back when Isiah would come visit me I always stressed about not knowing what I wanted to do career wise and that's when he assured me he had my back and offered me the spot at his barbershop, Clean Cutz.

"Then show them niggas why you got that spot and not them." Isiah laughed and I nodded my head. In prison with nothing but time I learned a few things such as cutting hair, drawing and even tattooing.

When I first told my brother I learned how to cut hair he thought I was bullshitting but when a couple of guys who's hair is cut came into the visitation room he nodded his head, impressed that I was actually good.

"Baby come out here and get you a plate!" My mother, Jessica, called out. "Yes ma'am." I shouted before heading towards the backyard.

Tons of family members came out to celebrate me and I truly appreciated it but I was more than ready to get to work so I could get my life together.

After piling my plate with barbecue ribs, baked macaroni, collard greens and sweet yams I was damn near salivating at the mouth. I went and sat in one of the yard chairs before praying over my food.

After praying there wasn't any more talking because I was demolishing the soul food on my plate. Just as I got up, I noticed a woman coming up to me. She looked familiar but I couldn't think of her name.

"Nice to see you Nas, I'm glad you're finally out!" She smiled and glared at me lustfully. "Thanks ..uh-" I paused still trying to remember her name.

"Destiny." She filled in the blank. "Right, Destiny. Well thank you." I nodded before beginning to walk away. "Call me sometime!" She shouted.

Instead of turning around or replying I headed back inside to look for my little sister, Sasha. I wasn't interested in dating anybody right now and I didn't even have shawty's number so I couldn't call her even if I wanted to.

"Nas!" Sasha ran and jumped into my arms. Sasha was the youngest of us three at 19 years old. Although she thought she was grown she would always be my baby sister.

"I missed you baby sis." I spoke once she was out of my arms. "Damn Sasha that's the brother you were talking about?" One of the girls Sasha was with spoke.

"Trinity chill out." Sasha just looked at her. "I missed you too brother. Three years without you were hell, Isiah was driving me insane!" She said dramatically.

"Stop lying on me lil girl!" Isiah shouted from the living room. "I'm just glad you're back, you better not ever leave us again Nasir!" She spoke with a softer tone before hugging me again.

"I don't plan on it baby sis, I'm here to stay for sure." I hugged her back. "Good" She smiled at me before letting me go.

After everyone finally went home I took a long, hot ass shower and even washed my dreads throughly. After handling my hygiene I got in bed and slept better than I had in three years.