CHAPTER FIFTY

I couldn't believe that the weasel had actually carried out his threat

Although I had to admit that I underestimated him. I had believed that the fight was only between him and me.

He knew exactly where to strike, though I had a feeling that he had been striking blindly all this while and only this one stuck. He took away everything, my job, my home, the life that I struggled to build for a better part of the last decade. But I didn't give up the fight.

However, I drew the line at Rishabh. Abhay couldn't have him when I didn't even have him.

Determined to bring an end to this madness, I strode to my bag lying at the foot of the sofa and made my way to the door. But Rishabh's father blocked my path.

"Where are you going?"

"Behind them," I stated the obvious, bouncing on the balls of my feet to run after them. Outside the engines of the car rumbled as they got ready to leave.

I would lose their trail if I waited here any longer. I tried to duck around Uncle but he stopped me with a hand on my shoulder.

His eyes softened "You won't be able to do much, Karishma. It's late."

He was wrong. I could get him out.

The sound of the car became faint as they drove away.

It was fine, it was okay. I was ready to go to every police station in Delhi till I found him. But before that, I needed to mend things here.

I am sorry," I moved so that I could address both his parents. "I came here to stop this exact thing. But if you want I can call his lawyers and work something out."

I wrung my fingers as I waited for their response. I knew that Rishabh didn't want me to do this but he won't be that mad if his parents asked me to do it.

"My son is tough. He will live through a night in jail. But he won't like is you letting that SOB go for him."

"And it won't be fair to you either," his mother chimed from behind.

I could live with it. I mean, yeah, I was angry about letting it get so far. I always chose to turn a blind eye to all of Abhay's faults but I didn't want him to think he could get away with hitting me.

However, I also couldn't let Rishabh suffer for that. Especially since he was the one who made me realize that how things were between me and Abhay wasn't okay. In fact, if he hadn't come to meet me that day I would have actually gone through the marriage and be in a bigger mess than I currently in.

"I will call Karan now and see what can be done," Uncle moved near a window and dialed Karan's number.

After a minute or two of hushed conversation, he returned to announce that he was heading to the station and Karan would meet him there.