|11| I Am Ready To Get This!

"What do you think, Baizhi?" Yangyang, standing beside you, finally speaks. Her and Mortefi had been eerily quiet up until now.

As the conversation turns away from you, you let out a sigh of relief, feeling your shoulders slump down with the exhale of breath.

"---I would look into it." Mortefi says, eyeing the tokens that Rover presented.

"You may retrieve your items in twenty minutes, and the analysis report will be ready in five minutes. After that, take a right and you will find me in the testing room."

Mortefi looks at the sundial and gently weighs it in his hand.

Mortefi starts to explain the things he noticed about the sundial, his voice captivating. Why does he sound so..?! You gulp down another spoonful of your nearly finished ice cream.

"It will take some time before the results are ready. If you have other matters to take care of, you should go ahead. I will let you know once we have the results." Baizhi says, looking at Rover.

"Shall we wait here at the Academy?" Yangyang looks between you and Rover.

"Sure." Rover says, while you nod.

"We will take a quick look around here then? Specifically the Archives." Rover asks Baizhi while glancing at you as you throw the empty ice cream cup into the trashcan.

"Sure, you can. The archives here are organized in a unique way. You can start by searching the keywords at the lobby terminal." Baizhi replies.

With that, Rover and Yangyang walk towards you, who is standing near the three sets of stairs leading to the Archives Room.

"This is the Archives, Rover. We might find something here." you say, pointing your thumb behind you.

Yangyang looks confused. "What are you guys looking for?"

"Clues about our pasts." Rover answers.

"Can I be of any help?" Yangyang asks, a little hesitant.

"Of course! Let's go, guys." you smile at Yangyang, turning around and walking up the stairs into the Archives Room.

Rows and rows of shelves line the walls. A big table in the middle of the room, might be the terminal lobby.

Silently, you take the right side while Yangyang heads to the far corner of the right side, and Rover starts to look through the terminal lobby. The documents are arranged alphabetically, making it easier for the three of you.

You come across a folder labeled "The First Resonator."

If you remember correctly, this is the one Rover finds when searching for the vaccine contents.

"Rover! Yangyang! I found something," you call out. Both of them scurry to either side of you.

After reading through the folder, Rover rests their hand under their chin in thought. "My Tacet Mark is in the same place."

You and Yangyang nod at Rover's words.

"Let's keep looki---" Rover pauses as they spot something.

Taking out a single sheet of paper which is battered and worn. It was stuffed between the edges of the shelf where you were standing.

Smoothing it out, Rover motions for you and Yangyang to come closer.

_________________________________

:Archive:
Resonance Evaluation Report On
"The Second Resonator"

Time of Evaluation: Year of Wei, AL █████