Violet and Midori Spin-Off Cancelled

Hey guys. I've decided not to really waste anyone's time with the second spin-off.

Sapphire in Wonderland will continue and be finished most likely, but I won't do a Violet and Midori Spin-Off. If anything, it would come out as DLC or a short game when I finish up with the game.

The premise was going to be that after Yin killed Vao and Verde, Violet and Midori were taken into the Cult. Yin also found out about Pip's existence and had his entire family executed for heresy, with Pip barely escaping.

The setting would've taken place in Grimmore and would've shown the side of it that Mono and the First Vao always described it as; a safe haven for people who didn't belong anywhere else. The named Cultists - Tanjin, Muriel, Harold, Rinys, Tourmaline, all would've been more fleshed out, and Jack would've played the role as the traitor again with some key differences due to Yin staying with the Church.

The inner workings of the Cult would have been shown too - the recruiting process, teaching recruits how to be Cultists, and sending them on missions if it was needed, which was mostly spy work, with the exception of Violet, Midori, and Pip, who would later work under the First Vao's direct orders. This would entail being sent on more dangerous missions that the First Vao typically went on - espionage and warfare, with survivalism taking a key role.

Another thing would be that Sevyn went into hiding after Yin started stabbing his friends in the back, and the First Vao was searching for her whereabouts, while helping Violet, Midori, and Pip with revenge and freeing nonhumans - remember, the First Vao wanted what was best for his Cult. Freedom would give them that.

Violet, Midori, and Pip all would have been introduced to the Blood, and the First Vao chooses to take them under his wings to teach them how to manage it, and trains them himself with Mono's help, letting them take residence in his home. He would've played a strict disciplinarian mentor and almost a father figure, with Violet and Midori conflicted because in a sense, he is their father, but from a different Timeline. Mono would've been more of a motherly figure and would have displayed patience, yet maintaining strictness. Basically, Mono and the First Vao would've been good cop bad cop.

Of course with the Blood, there would have been issues, and Jack was planned to make it seem like they betrayed the Cult, causing the First Vao to reject them, which would later be resolved.

There were new characters planned, too, like how Sapphire in Wonderland introduced Emma, Red Hood, Jeanne, Shiza, the Tweedles, Victoria, and Strid. Some would have eventually allied themselves with the Cult, others would remain villains, and others would have been loners who later allied with the Cult.

The new characters were Tark Moon, Jill Gulden, Wilhelm the Abhorred, and a few others.

Tark was going to be a general in the Church's military; half dwarf half giant. When he was too young to remember, his parents were murdered by the Church and he was taken in as a weapon, brainwashed into believing nonhumans had killed his parents and that he was human. He was roughly eight feet tall and built out of even more muscle than Rojo was, and was a force to be reckoned with. He would've been one of the more stoic characters with a reputation for killing his enemies, which would've caused distrust between him and the Cult until he proved himself. Tark was going to be in his late sixties to early seventies at the end of the story.

Jill Gulden was going to be Jack's sister that he tried to kill, who wasn't mentioned in the main story. It would've been explained she survived his murder attempt and destroyed all records of her birth to hide from him, and was trying to figure out a way to kill Jack. The allusion to Jill was 'Jack and Jill', with Jack having pushed Jill down a well. Jill was late forties in the beginning, and early fifties at the end, with a planned romance developing between her and Pip. There were going to be characters who mentioned the age gap too, with Pip being eighteen and Jill being human, thus not able to live with him for the rest of his life and possibly seeing him as a kid since he was so much younger.

Jill was also going to be a hard ass, badass woman. We're talking survived an explosion, doused her sword in oil and set it ablaze, then fought Leaf head-on. With her introduction, more would've been introduced about Jack's life before he became Jack the Ripper.

Wilhelm was going to be a Church priest, and one of the irredeemables. A sadistic torturer in his seventies, yet intelligent.

Another new character would've been Lelian, who was going to be the older sister of the main three - one of Vao's daughters who was found by Yin and brainwashed into being his personal assassin hunting for Pip. Her face would've been horrifically burned by Yin which would be revealed happened because she didn't kill someone when he demanded it, and he had Leaf torture her to insanity. No happy ending for her. She was planned to be killed, due to being too far gone.

Yin was going to be the main antagonist, with Jack eventually giving him the Blood and turning Yin into a walking tank, essentially, who gives even the First Vao a hard time, since Yin would start to transform into an abomination.

Sevyn would've made an appearance again as a much more hardened woman, though she would've avoided going to the Cult since the First Vao and her weren't on good terms. There was no happy ending planned for her; she would've gone back into hiding the moment Yin was killed. There was a planned scene where she and Yin fight, where she confesses she wished that things could've been different, and that the only reason she was fighting Yin was because he killed everyone he was supposed to save, and had become the very person he had never wanted to be.

Violet would've been trained to be more of a frontline fighter due to her brash nature. Pip would've been recon. And Midori was going to be an infiltrator. All of them would've had contact with the First Vao over a system I called COLD - Communication Over Long Distance. So yeah, technology would've played a part.

Seeing how few views Sapphire in Wonderland gets, I don't really see a point in writing out the Violet and Midori Spin-Off. Not writing it will give me more time to work on the game too, and possibly add it as a DLC or a short spin-off game. I do enjoy writing, but it feels pointless if no one reads it.

That said, about the game. For those who expressed interest in voice acting, add me on discord. My username is mintyfresh6533.

About that too; expect it to take a while, as I'm still designing maps and looking for a good art program to do pixel art for the overworld sprites. Battle sprites I can manage just fine, since those are naturally more detailed, and with digital art I can make the canvas as big as I need it to be. I've also been tinkering with music programs to compose music for the game.

Since the first story was pretty long, it's going to take a while for the game, since it's practically an indie project.

Well, that's settled. The Violet and Midori Spin-Off isn't coming. I'll finish Sapphire in Wonderland, and that's the last story I write on Wattpad. I don't know if I'll bother with writing the Bad Route, but since I haven't quite decided, I won't spoil it.

I'll just say this; there is a happy ending planned.

See you later, guys.