09 - News from afar

The morning she woke up after her deserved deep sleep, an idea popped up in her head. The only reliable person in Penacony was the blonde IPC worker. At the same time, she cringed, because last time they saw each other they had a...rather intimate moment.

Thinking that maybe the man could help her get into the Dreamscape without having her power sucked out by Sunday, she thought it was a brilliant idea to come and see him.

She couldn't wait till evening because of her meeting with the halovian and also since she wanted to see Aventurine so badly, so she went to the bar at 3 p.m., hoping that he'd be there. Spoiler alert: he wasn't.

The girl sat on her usual stool, tapping the bar with her fingers and having a drink in the other hand. She sighed.

"If you're looking for Mr. Aventurine, he's not here and he won't come until tomorrow," the barista Anderson said. That just made Y/N pout. She kind of expected that he wouldn't be there but truth still hurt. The girl was about to get up and go back to her room to do nothing when she heard two high pitched voices.

"You're nothing but a little stupider!"
"How dare you call me a stupider?!"
Y/N saw two small pepeshi arguing over...she didn't know what and wondered if the word stupider even existed.
"But you are," one of them said. Y/N noticed that they had matching "BFF" necklaces. They were both girls and had seemed to be friends. Or at least they were before the fight.
"Better say sorry!"
"Why should I? Go to hell!"

Y/N's mouth went slightly agape. She had never heard such a vile argument between the pepeshi. She never heard them arguing at all, so she simply thought they weren't capable of it.

"I'm the A-phone, you're the Nokyia, everybody knows your jealous girl it's so clear!" The one who got called a stupider called out to her supposed friend who just turned to her with anger in her eyes.

"You really thought you ate? Gimme that freaking plate!"

Y/N tried to hold her laughter owing to the fact that two little people argued right in front of her with high pitched voices. If she could, she would say that they were two gremlins, however she couldn't since that would be an insult to a high populated cosmic race.

As she observed their angry and shocked faces, she felt her corners of the mouth twitch. Y/N quickly covered her mouth and turned away from the girls, trying to focus on her drink. But that was impossible.

"You're just a small dumb gremlin anyway."

That was Y/N's last straw. She spilled her drink from her mouth and bursted into loud laughter. With tears in her eyes, she looked at the two pepeshi. Both of them were now glaring at her.

"What are you staring at, you Eiffel tower?!" one of them countered.
Y/N tried to take a deep breath so she could apologize, nevertheless she failed and started laughing again. She looked drunk with her wet dress from her drink even though she had ordered a juice.

"Let's go, Milada, this person is weird," one of the girls addressed her friend.

"I agree, let's go Kvetoslava," Milada said to Kvetoslava and took her hand. The two pepeshi were quickly out of sight. Maybe they already made up. Now Y/N was sitting embarrassed on the bar stool. With wet dress.

Someone near her cleared their throat.
"You should go and change your clothes," the barista told the girl. How rude of him! Y/N rolled her eyes and without saying a thing, she just walked back to her room, getting weird stares on the way.