001 Inteodection

"Malenia, he looks just like you. Hahaha," a voice echoed.

"His hair is just like yours. Heh," another voice chimed in.

"Look, he's opening his eyes!"

I opened my eyes and saw a pair of beautiful, glistening golden eyes gazing at me with the same intensity I was looking at them.

The face belonged to a woman I had never seen before, yet she felt familiar. Her skin was pure white, like freshly fallen snow, and her red hair cascaded around her face.

I tore my eyes away and looked around. It was then I realized I was surrounded by giants.

A handsome young man with black hair streaked with gray stood nearby. He had piercing blue eyes and wore oval-shaped glasses. He was grinning like a madman as he looked at me, talking excitedly to the woman.

Slowly, I began to feel my ears, as if I had removed earphones after years of silence. I tried lifting my arms and succeeded. I saw my tiny limbs and finally understood—they weren't giants. I was tiny.

"What the fuuuck!"

It was what I wanted to say, but all that came out was a blabbering sound, the incoherent noise of a baby. Where's the baby? Oh, wait—it's me. I looked up and saw the woman laugh softly, placing her hand over her mouth.

That's when the impossible thought hit me. "It can't be. Am I reincarnated??!!"
.
.
"Leon, look," Dad chimed.I looked ahead and saw a stage set up by the circus members earlier today.

Something I learned after staying here for three years was that my mum was a performer, specifically a singer for the traveling circus and my father is a doctor and he also travels with them. Also, today was her show again.

She stepped onto the stage in her usual performance outfit, wearing a dress and a gold Viking helmet which covered her eyes—don't exactly know why, but it suited her. Well it might be that these peasents are not worthy of seeing her magnificient eyes. Yes not worthy at all. She began to sing, her voice mesmerizing everyone.

I glanced around and saw a myriad of emotions plastered on the faces of the audience—admiration, love, and more. But specifically, I noticed jealousy and malice emanating from a particular group of girl performers.

I overlooked it; after all, what could a three-year-old do to influence the minds of three distorted adults?

Anyway, I remembered something. I needed to read that book on vampires. Yeah, vampires. That's pretty fantasticy if I say so myself.

I can read and write now, and my words come out just as I expect them to. I yawned. My father looked at me and asked, "Do you wanna sleep?"I looked up at him and replied, "No." He nodded and then went back to watching.

My dad is great in this regard—no barrage of questions like my mum. Because of her, my most used words are "yes" and "no."

Anyway, my dad's name is Robert de Caprio, and my mum's is Malenia. Just Malenia—it might be something else, but from what they tried to teach me, this is it. As for my name, it's Leonardo de Caprio. I don't know where I heard this name, but I do remember it.

"Author-san is not creative at all," I muttered under my breath.

And also, when did I start having a disease that those socially deficient peasants—introverts—have? Talking to myself.

"Strange," I muttered, rubbing my chin like a 100-year-old Chinese scholar. Anyway, let's leave it. Being a baby with an adult mind is strange enough; no need to add more to it.

I looked around and saw that my mum had finished about half of her song. She sang beautifully without any autotune or anything.

Maybe I'll write her a song of my own when I'm a bit older. It might be cool. A mother and son breaking the records of Billboard. Oh, wait—this world doesn't have Billboard. Sad.My mother is the best, not considering that she is also the first-ever mother I have. In my past life, it was just me. This experience is pretty amazing. Very nice (thumbs up).

My father picked me up and adjusted me back on his lap. A father's lap is the throne of a child.

Well, let's talk a bit about my appearance. I don't know right now because, as a baby, everyone is cute. We'll know when the time is right.

If you want to ask about my facial structure, it is the same as my mum’s, which could describe me as potentially handsome. Anyway, other than that, I have onyx black—whatever you call it, basically black—hair just the same as my dad. And my eyes, the same as my mum’s: glistening golden, like little balls of gold struck in a white canvas. Enchanting.

I could still see some peasants looking at me with their confused faces as if they had seen a force of nature. Yeah, yeah, stare more, you peasants. Enough of self-praising.

Back to appearance. My skin is the same as my mum’s—what do we call it?... Yeah, pale white. It sure does contradict my black hair.

And that was a brief description of me—a short and tiny lifeform living a life of a king. I did skip some indecent details, but they are not required. Anyway, author nice way to make a first chapter: just a character being a hypocrite and blabbering nonsense.

"Ahh," I grabbed my skull as I felt a little sting on my head and looked forward.

...???...???...THE END...???...???...

patreon.com/RoyanTheGreat