Chapter 4

Eli's POV

Watching as Alex fall back into a peaceful sleep, tightly holding onto Star hand which the dragon didn't seem to mind as she couldn't take her eyes off of our little mate.

I know that we all have favorites, mine being Jane because of how similar we are, the same with Emma and Taylor. Star bonded with us and loves us, we all know it. It's just that she doesn't have anyone she could simulate with until Alex came into the picture.

All of us were extremely happy when our dragon and little pup bonded together due to being the same. Which was stealing our things and hoarding it in their "caves".

But, be it as it may, I found it quite adorable that the two of them wonder about the castles and took whatever they find interesting or that have just caught their eye.

True be told, I may or may not have stumbled upon the items Alex has took hiding across her room. They were everywhere in plain sight.

Letting out a small chuckle, I shook my head. The only other person in the room was me. Emma had left to take the tray she had brought down to the kitchens to be clean while Jane and Taylor left to stretch their legs.

Uncrossing my arms and pushing myself off the wall, I went over to Star and placed a hand on her shoulder. Giving a comforting squeeze.

She looked back at me and smiled with me smiling back. Leaning down, my lips met with hers. Pulling away, my little dragon was blushing.

Touching her lips with her free hand, she turned back to Alex. Lost in thought.

I felt my pants get tighten at her reaction but quickly calm myself. Not while Alex is in the same room.

Turning away, I went over towards the doors and opened them. The guards standing there on guard straighten their stance, tighten their grip on their weapons, and froze.

My eyes went cold and empty. The aura surrounding me turned from happy and calm into a silent death.

The fear in the guards eyes could easily be seen when I walked past them. Heading out of the castle through the front entrance, Lady Asha and some guardians were there.

I only recognize a few of the guardians, one being Lady Nora and the other two being my younger sister and her werewolf mate.

Walking over to them, I gave a small bow. "My ladies, how wonderful to see you two again." Lady Asha turned to me beaming while Lady Nora didn't look up from the book she was reading. Only a couple of weeks ago she was helping me.

Snapping my attention back to Lady Asha when she placed a hand on my shoulder, I immediately felt uncomfortable but didn't show it. "Hello again, dear. You look quite handsome this morning."

She turned back to the head guardian that she was talking to before I got there. "Let's go talk in a more...private place, Mr. Guardian Lord." The old man bowed his head. "Of course, my Lady."

Lady Asha removed herself from me and the two of them walked off inside Emma's castle.

Looking back at the remaining guardians, my eyes narrowed. "Leave us." Everyone but Lady Nora, my sister, and her mate bowed their heads and quickly scurried off like rats.

Harper yawned, closing her eyes and leaned against her mate who smiled at me but ultimately kept quiet.

I paid no attention towards them for the time being as I faced Lady Nora, stepping right in front of her with my empty smile as I placed my hands behind my hand and tilted my head to the side. "Why are your two little hounds, Lady Nora? It's been a while since I've seen them."

"Away," she said, not looking up from her book as she turned a page. "They were too afraid to come. You can only blame yourself really Demon Queen, you terrified my little pups."

I sighed. "That's a real shame, I really wanted to see them again."

"You mean torment them?"

"No, no, no. Why would I ever do that?" The brunette glanced up at her book, eyes narrowing when looking at me. "Because it's funny to you."

I shrugged my shoulders. Suddenly remembered what had happened earlier when talking to Alex about her friend. "How does my mate know that you are a guardian but not know who you really are?"

She looks rather confused when I said Lady Nora's actual name and not that ridiculous nickname she likes to be called by the people she's close with.

Lady Nora sighed, closing the book and ran her fingers through her hair. "Because, Zack doesn't know how to keep his big mouth shut and spilled the secret of who we were a little after we met Alex. It was a rather annoying situation."

I hummed, wanting everything I wanted from her. Turning to face my sister, her eyes met mine. Already knowing what was about to happen.

"So, dear litter sister, it's time for you to come back to do your duty as the Sin of Sloth. I have had enough with your silly little games."

-