Chapter 5: Nothing unusual

Lelani POV

I got out of bed and went into the bathroom and took a warm shower after I was finished I brushed my teeth. I walked into my wardrobe and decided to wear a white crop top that said NOT YA BXTCH in black and a black acid wash high waisted shorts then picked out my OMGs. I went to my dresser and lotioned my body and put on my black bra and panty set then my clothes. I braided one side of my hair and left the other side curly and added my gold chain and my gold studs. I put on some pink lipstick then mascara, my eyebrows already fleeking so I don't need to do them. I grabbed my phone and went downstairs.

"Morning mom, morning dad"

"Morning" they said together.

"Mom, I went to Ms. Love house to give her the money but she was on the phone and she looked like she wanted to cry so I asked her if she was okay and all she said was her son but that's all that she said, I was wondering what happened to her son"

"I'm going to call her right now" mom said quickly.

I made eggs with mozzarella cheese , bacon and French toast for breakfast with a glass of orange juice. I called Nate and he said he was on his way. Mom was on her phone with Ms. Love, her facial expressions were priceless.

"Oh my lord" she gasped covering her mouth.

"These boys nowadays," she said shaking her head "you just can't control them"

She didn't look like she was going to get off the phone for a while. I took some selfies and posted them to IG. I got bare likes in less than 30 seconds. A knock came at the door so I went to open it, I think it's Nate because he said he was on his way I thought to myself, but it was his cousin Lorenzo.

Lorenzo POV

I knocked on the door until Lelani came to open it. She gave me a welcoming hug and a kiss on the cheek. Nate told me to pick her up because he has to take care of something. Her mom was on the phone so I just waved to her. She smiled at me.

"Where's Nate?" Lelani asked curiously.

"He had to take care of something so he told me to pick you up" I told her.

"Okay, give me a minute let me grab something upstairs" she said running up the steps.

I got a message, so I checked my phone and it was Nate.

Nate: You got Lee Lee with you?

Me: yeah, she right here with me

Nate: I hope it remains that way, don't get her out of your sight

Me: you got it man

Lelani came back down, she went to the kitchen and told her mom goodbye and we left out. I told her to scroll down and play my song instead she played Hotel - Kid Ink. This girl just doesn't listen. She turned to look at me in her seat.

"What?" I asked looking at her quickly.

"You going to pass one of my favourite places just like that?" She asked with a frown.

"What place is that?"

"Taco Bell"

" I can't read your mind baby girl, if you don't speak I won't know what you want" I said making a u-turn.

She had the brightest smile on her face as I approached. I parked up and we got out. She stood in line and placed her order. I was going through my phone and I got a call from Nate.

"Hello?"

"Hey man where you guys at?"

"In Taco Bell" I laughed.

"She gave you that sad face, didn't she?" he chuckled.

"Yeah she did" I laughed.

"Is that Nate?" Lelani asked walking up.

"Yeah" I replied.

She took the phone and walked outside. This girl. I followed behind and some niggas were trying to holler, she didn't even turn to look at them she just ignored them, I laughed to myself. She got in the car and handed me back my phone.

"Someone's calling you" she said.

It was some girl I met at party. After she gave me her number we started to talk and chill.

"Hey" I smiled

"Hey baby" she said in a sweet voice.

"What's up?"

"I was wondering if you could pick me up"

"Where you at?"

"The mall"

"Aight I'll be there soon"

"Okay baby"

Lelani POV

We headed in the opposite direction so I figured he was going to get someone or something. He drove around the parking lot and parked up and got out. I drank my pink starburst and he came back with a girl. She got in the back seat since I was at the front, and I didn't plan to get up just to make her happy.

"Hello" she smiled.

"Hi" I smiled back.

"I'm Kristinah and you are?"

"Lelani"

"Oh"

We finally got to Nate's. Lorenzo handed me the keys for the house and said he would be back in a few. I opened the door and closed it behind me. I started to watch Power for a few minutes and then call Nate and he answered.