Zoro

It was an ordinary day and I had decided to go to the beach with my friends.
We had brought a ball so we could play and our bags were full of towels and food.
My best friend and I were lying on a gigantic flat rock and the other three were on the shore splashing like little girls.
-Margaret, what does that mean?!-
-You understood very well-
-Did your father arrange a marriage for you?-
-Yes. Our family is rich but that of the boy who was promised me is even richer- I rolled my eyes to hold back the tears.
My friend leaned up to hug me and I let go. She stroked my hair and whispered sweet nothings to me but suddenly we heard the other girls screaming.

We swooped down and reached them.
-Margaret don't come closer- they tried to pull me away but I jumped over them.
And I saw a half naked man.
Instinctively I backed away but then I became clear again, I approached him and saw that he was full of cuts and his face was covered in blood.
I took off my linen robe and used it to apply pressure to the wounds. Five of us managed to move him and then threw water on him to clean him.
-Go get help!- I said in a panic, he hadn't woken up yet and his heartbeat was weak.
Luckily my father had some guards follow me, who lifted the castaway as if he were a sack of potatoes and took him to my house.
And we all slept peacefully that night.

The next morning I woke up early and a servant put a long, very light robe on me. I took a small basket full of fruit and a jug of water and went to the room in the castaway.
-WOMAN. STAY AWAY FROM ME- he screamed as soon as he saw me.
I giggled and approached:-What's your name?- I sat on the bed and put the basket between us:-My name is Margaret- I said as I filled him a glass of water.
But he snatched the jug from my hands and drank straight from it.
-Don't you have any meat?-
-It's 5:30 in the morning- I giggled heartily-Fruit will do you good-
-Zoro-
-What?-
-My name is Zoro-
-Nice to meet you, Zoro-
-Where am I?-
-In the guest room- I smiled kindly.
-But is it a castle?-
-More or less, you can stay as long as you want. A servant will bring you clean clothes-
Zoro threw himself out of bed but fell:-You have a broken leg- I said throwing a glance to his knee.
-I noticed it, you know?- he was being sarcastic.
I left his room and closed the door and then leaned against it.
-Miss, are you okay? I see you are becoming red-
-Yes yes, I'm fine-

A couple of weeks passed and Zoro still had his broken leg. He ate only meat and cursed whenever he could.
-He should learn some manners!- a maid shouted.
"And you should kiss my ass" he said, throwing his crutches in the air.
But in the end... I was fine with him.
He made me laugh and in the end I even managed to confide in him a little. But him, he remained a mystery.
I was in my room and I was dedicating myself to my music studies.
-Margaret-
-Yes?- I turned around and saw him walking into my room.
-You don't suck at playing the violin- and sat down on my bed.
-Thank you?- I turned again towards the pianoforte.
-What are those letters on your desk?-
I looked at the corner of the desk and saw a very tall pile of letters, which I had forgotten to burn.
-They are from... José-
-And who the fuck is José?- and he took a bite of a focaccia.
-Please don't grease my sheets- I lifted my hand in panic, scared he could ruin my beautiful pink sheets -Anyway, José is my fiancé, we shall get married in autumn-
-But didn't you tell me that you weren't in love with anyone?-
-You are correct- I gave him my back so he couldn't see my face. I didn't want him to see me.
-And you are getting married?-
-Exactly-
-No, I'm not understanding-
I sighed:-My family is rich-
-I see-
-Good, also our properties cannot be lost-
-Ok-
-So, the only way to keep them is to get married to someone as rich as us or even richer-
-So you don't love him-
-Obviously not- I looked at him dead in the eyes as I wanted to prove I didn't have feelings for José.
-But you will have to have sex with him-
-ZORO!- I blushed.
-And make babies! Takes a while to make one. Bet he wants more than just one heir, it's gonna be a full time job for ya!- he giggled.
-Oh my... please, Zoro, I'm begging! Stop it!-
-Aaahhh. Don't tell me you're a virgin-
I turned my back but watched him out of the corner of my eye.
-You shouldn't encourage inappropriate topics with an innocent miss, who is also about to become a Lady! -
He chuckled heartily and even spat out some focaccia with laughter: -So then you're a virgin. How pretty- he composed himself -The pretty virgin miss, always dressed in pink!- he sang smiling.
-I remained a virgin so I could get married- the tears began to fall profusely and I ran away from my room.
-Come on Margaret, I was joking- he shouted after me but I had already run away.
I reached the beach and hid in an almost invisible part.

-Margaret-
-José?-

-What are you doing here?- I tried to walk away from him.
-I wanted to see you-
-No, how did you find me?- I was confused and scared, strangely he didn't noticed.
-I made you discover this place-
I had my arms crossed and was looking at the horizon, he came closer to me and put his arm behind my back and put his mouth close to my ear.
-You are very beautiful-
I didn't say anything but my lower lip betrayed me by trembling slightly.
-Do you remember when we were younger? We played on the rocks and always had scraped knees - he smiled looking at the rocks.
It was true, we always hurt ourselves playing up there.
-How time passes- he continued to fill the silence -Until yesterday we played on those rocks and now we are about to get married-
My legs trembled.
Only then did I realize that they had made me his friend only because then I would have to marry him.
-HEY- we heard a scream and turned around.
-oh oh- I muttered.
In a second Zoro materialized next to us.
-You, move! Get away from her- Zoro pushed him and I backed away.
-What do you want, bandana?- José looked down in him.
They looked like two bears, both were over 1.80m tall and very muscular.
-Zoro, the leg-
He looked at me: - Don't worry - and took out two swords.
I didn't have the courage to look and ran away.
I reached my palace and my maid took me to a dining room.
-Here ma'am- she handed me a tea.
-Can I have some milk?-
-Of course- and she absented himself.
Afterwards I retreated to my room, put the chair on the balcony and waited.
The sun was setting and the door to my room flew open.
Zoro came in, he had a black eye but he was fine.
I jumped on his neck glad to see him being fine. I knew they didn't duel and yet I was still afraid to lose him.
We didn't say a word.

I took off his bandana, his swords fell to the ground and with them our clothes. The next morning we were hugging each other under my covers.
-Promise me that you will marry someone you love-
-Only if you stay here with me, I promise I will stop running from you-