Chapter 126

Led by Shen Yufeng, Tang Jinghong came to the place where the food and grass were robbed.

  This is also a forest, the forest has been completely destroyed, the hot sun shines directly down, shining on the bare ground and bare tree trunks, showing the despair and bleakness with brightness.

  Shen Yufeng blamed himself endlessly, "General, the ground is dry and hard, and there are no traces of rollers,"

  Tang Jinghong looked around, "Tell me about the robbery at that time."

  Shen Yufeng frowned and said, "At that time, some refugees robbed us. After the robbery, the rest of the refugees came to block us and bought time for the other party to transport the food and grass. We watched the food and grass robbed..."

   Such a cohesive and planned robbery was definitely not done by refugees. Tang Jinghong raised his eyes and looked around, "Which direction are they going?"

  Shen Yufeng pointed to the north, "Running in the direction of the capital."

  Tang Jinghong looked over and narrowed his eyes. After a while, he asked, "Did you encounter a large number of refugees when you came here?"

  Shen Yufeng shook his head, "No, we came all the way smoothly, until we encountered robbery, and the 10,000 refugees were the largest we encountered."

  Tang Jinghong lowered his eyes, "There are only more than 30,000 people outside Xucheng, and you met 10,000, so it's only 40,000, which means that at least 60,000 refugees have disappeared."

  Shen Yufeng's heartstrings tightened, "What do you mean, General?"

   Tang Jinghong's brows were full of solemnity, "The king of Beijiang intervened in this matter, and I suspect that he is planning a conspiracy against the emperor."

  Hearing this, Shen Yufeng's heart was heavy, "General, what should we do?"

  Tang Jinghong said, "You take people to track the grain and grass in the direction of the capital. I'll take care of this place and meet you in the past."

   "Yes, General."

  Shen Yufeng took the soldiers and left without stopping.

   Tang Jinghong stared at the north for a while, mounted his horse and returned to the camp.

  ...

  The officials in Xucheng saw that the refugees outside the city were under control, so they opened the city gate and came out to meet Tang Jinghong.

  Fu Yin was wearing a purple official robe loosely on his body. It can be seen that he has lost a lot of weight and his face is haggard. He said happily, "General Tang, you have rushed here. If you don't come, the supplies in the city will be cut off."

  Tang Jinghong did not blame the governor for closing the city gates. If the refugees were allowed to enter the city and there was no way to resettle them properly, they would burn, kill and loot. When the time came, there would be chaos in the city and things would get even worse.

   Powerful and powerful people are truly influential. The city of Syria has a population of 800,000 or 900,000, which is by no means a trivial matter.

   Tang Jinghong asked solemnly, "How is the situation in the city?"

  Fu Yin sighed, "The drought not only affects the people in the village, but also the city. Every household is short of water. Fortunately, some old wells still have water, otherwise life will be difficult."