CHAPTER-5 Bridgethon

We are nearing the bridge after running for almost an hour with the skeleton on my back.

"Hey, not trying to demotivate but what if the Lich catches us?" I say

"We just need to make sure we run and not be caught. Don't get any second thoughts."

"I have a plan"

"What plan? If it's to fight him then drop it. Because lich commands a big army of undead, you will be overwhelmed."

"No not that, I was thinking that..[interrupted]"

"Absorb Drax's powers? I will only let you when we don't have any other choice." Warzheil says as if knowing what I am thinking.

"Ok old man, If he summoned me and thought I would do as he says for free then according to you he should be a fool because that's what he should be according to the condition you gave me."

"You want your ass handed to you or what? Huh kid?" he says annoyed.

"Come on, you know that you are just trying not to make yourself feel responsible and waiting for the right situation to tell me to absorb. If I am supposed to be the avatar of his god wouldn't he gladly offer his powers to me?"

"Ronin, I thought maybe you are different from other humans but it seems like it was my fault." He replies in dismay while running.

"Hey! I knew I was asking to hear such words old man, but I said that anyway because it will be better if we make decisions based on our current situation! It's good to have emotions. I had them crushed multiple times. I know that what you said are not your actual thoughts, don't be so emotional, Think about what Drax would want to do in a situation like this and answer me when you have calmed down."

Warzheil sure is angry, He didn't even reply to me. But we moving slowly because Warzheil is slow. If I were to carry him I would need constant supply to run without exhaustion and my strength would improve as well.

But He is not wrong as well.

After running for a few minutes we finally make it to the bridge.

"Hey, I am sorry. I shouldn't have said that." I apologize to Warzheil

" Don't worry, you have been for a long time in a field that clouds one's emotions, I won't blame you."

He is not talking willingly, I have hurt his feelings.

After walking a few more kilometers I see a statue almost double my size. So that must be the Dratnir soldier bot.

Why do I feel like it is looking our way?

We are about to pass near the Dratnir bot when suddenly The Eyes and body of the Bot start to glow, it lifts its sword from a downward position to upward with the blade now covering its face, and starts speaking which startles me and Warzheil.

"The cosmos has blessed us again. We hope you cross the bridge with peace." Then it puts it down back to its original position and the glow in its body disappears.

"You didn't tell me they can speak!"

"I didn't know that they could speak until moments ago."

"Is it something to do with me?"

"Ancient relics tell of Om, The God who built this world. Since your left eye has his symbol, the robot must have thought of you as him. Don't talk to others about this to anyone else, but the god that Drax worshipped was none other than OM, to avoid an enemy of other gods he came up with the name LegendGod as they forbade the worship of any entity other than themselves. They thought LegendGod is a being that Drax came up with so he let him be."