𝐎𝐍𝐄

Walk to The Fillmore, Under the moonlight】

【August 1st, 2024.】

I ran into him at the train station today.

The first time I've seen him in 5 years.

His hair is longer than I remember it being, it suits him more.

"Ella, hey..."

he looked surprised to see me here as if I hadn't been using the same train station for years, even in college.

"Hi, Taehyun." I don't think I'm comfortable being around him anymore, and I think that hurts more than what happened between us.

            I continue to wait for the train.

"Can I get you something at the next stop? Like a coffee?" He asks me, I can hear his voice circulate through my brain to find the memories of us together. Hoping to latch onto a good one, and to stay there.

            "I have to get to work." I'm 2 hours early like I always am. Like I always have been. Nothing has changed in my life since he left it.

"Then maybe after! We can catch up, I'll pay..." his cologne has changed. The scent is more mature than the vanilla I distinctly remember trying to scrub out of my sheets for months.

            "Maybe." The train comes rushing through and I feel my hair breeze by as if it's trying to follow the wind. I can't tell what I'm feeling at the moment, but I know I'll find a reason to drink about it tonight.

            I step onto the train, and he follows.

I want him to ask me again, I hate that I want him to ask me again. Ask me again, plea-

"How about some drinks?" he asks, almost answering my thoughts.

"After work is fine." I continue to face forward, only taking glances at his reflection on the glass of the door.

I feel oddly suffocated on the same train that I took yesterday and the day before that.

            The train comes to a stop and the doors open making a noise that Taehyun mimics with his voice.

I briefly close my eyes and sigh before walking out of the train, feeling his presence still behind me.

"So tonight at 7:00? We can meet at 'the docks'" I stop with my back facing him still. the docks. I can't stand that place now.

"what's your new number? So, I can let you know when I arrive." Is his voice deeper?

I turn and hold my hand out for his phone to type in my new number. He knows I changed it. Has he tried to call me at some point in these 5 years?

            I hand his phone back after typing it in. I turned back around and continued walking, hoping this would be the end of our meeting. Hoping he would cancel tonight because he had something pop up.

Hoping things would get turned down again like they used to so I could see that nothing had changed, and I could go on with my life again.

【6:30 PM】

【1 text message】

𝐔𝐍𝐊𝐍𝐎𝐖𝐍:
𝐡𝐞𝐲! 𝐈 𝐠𝐨𝐭 𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐞 𝐞𝐚𝐫𝐥𝐲. 𝐥𝐞𝐭 𝐦𝐞 𝐤𝐧𝐨𝐰 𝐰𝐡𝐞𝐧 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐚𝐫𝐞 𝐨𝐧 𝐲𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐰𝐚𝐲. 𝐬𝐞𝐞 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐬𝐨𝐨𝐧!