Letter 1 (Fukuzawa pov)

If you gave me a dime every time I was force to take in a child I would have 11 dimes which isn't a lot but it's 11 dime but like this is Japan wouldn't be like yen or something like 5 yen or something.

                  It was a normal working day, as usual I walk in to the agency and greet everyone before heading down to my office, it' been weirdly peaceful. No port mafia, no Fyodor it was nice. Until some random 15 year old came into my office with a folder full of papers messily organized.

"Who are you?" I asked.

               "We will get to that, do you have a white board per chance?" The young child asked, I pointed to the break room and she dragged it over to my office. She gets out markers and stickers.

             "Your father and mother died sometime ago, your mother gave birth to you and my father." She  started writing it all down. 

                           "Her oldest son died in a car accident and her child (me) survived the house fire." She puts down the markers and starts putting star stickers on the whiteboard

"So I'm you uncle? But I was never in my brothers life and he was never in mines what do you need from me?" I asked

 "Well that's simple a guardian and a roof to live under." She said

"No." You may be asking why am I denying to help a 15 year old in need, two reasons one she reminds me of Ranpo two I'd already made that mistake 11 time.

                "The fuck you mean no?" She said

"All I wanna do is finish Highschool I'm already in the line to get a scholarship a full one at that just let me finish, please sir you're the only family I have left."

I sighed, as her only blood relative alive (according to her) I should help her. It's weird to think we're from the same bloodline I was at a dojo most of my life I barely talked to my family until I forgot about them entirely. I grabbed the folder of evidence and skimmed through it. There's no doubt she was my brothers child she had his eyes his black eyes. Her mother was Dominican immigrated to Japan by boat. Everything checks out.

                "Fine, I'm a busy man so just hang around here and we can talk details later." She smiled as she walked out of my office. She has her father's dimples.

I never hated something so much.