2. 𝐅𝐢𝐫𝐬𝐭 𝐌𝐞𝐞𝐭.

"What should I do now? How do I get out of this trouble?"Amyra got scared and started thinking to herself, her heart was racing.

Just then, Avinash came near to the table where Amyra was hiding.

"Sorry, sorry," Amyra exclaimed, standing up abruptly from her hiding spot beside the table where she had been quietly observing. Her voice quivered slightly, betraying her nerves as she faced Avinash, unsure of how much he might have seen or heard. Her mind raced, scrambling to find the right words to explain herself or to deflect his attention from whatever suspicions he might harbor.

Avinash looked at Amyra quizzically, his brow furrowing in confusion. "What are you doing in my room? Who are you?" he asked, his tone a mix of curiosity and suspicion.

"Sangeeta aunty had sent me upstairs to fetch the dandiya sticks. When I came upstairs, I saw this room first and assumed the dandiya might be kept here. But upon entering, instead of immediately searching for the dandiya, I found myself drawn to the photos adorning the walls. They seemed to tell a silent story, each capturing a moment frozen in time.

As I paused to examine a particularly intriguing photo frame, lost in thoughts of the memories it might hold, you suddenly appeared at the doorway. Startled by your unexpected presence, I jumped in surprise and hastily tried to explain why I was there. Feeling a bit flustered and embarrassed for being caught in what felt like a private moment, I instinctively sat down to gather myself. Unfortunately, in my nervousness, the photo frame slipped from my grasp and fell to the floor," Amyra recounted to Avinash, hoping her explanation would appease his curiosity.

"Ohh, I see. So, you don't even know how to knock," Avinash commented with a slight chuckle, though his tone carried a hint of playful teasing. Crossing his arms, he continued, "Next time, maybe try knocking first before barging in. It might prevent these little surprises."

"And one more thing, do you even realize how special that photo frame was to me? You wouldn't have a clue. It was more than just a frame; it held memories of special moments with my mom, memories that can never be recreated," Avinash said, his voice tinged with a mix of disappointment and nostalgia. He paused, his gaze momentarily drifting to where the broken frame lay on the floor.

"I'm really sorry. I'll get this photo reframed again for you," Amyra apologized sincerely.

"I can get this done myself as well."
Avinash said.

"Why have you been shouting at me for so long when you could have easily handled reframing the frame yourself?" Amyra retorted, her voice edged with frustration.

"I'm not yelling at you, I'm just telling you," Avinash said.

"Yeah, yeah, now just tell me where the dandiya sticks are," Amyra asked, a hint of impatience in her voice.

"I'm not sure, you'll have to handle it yourself," Avinash replied, his tone slightly resigned.

Amyra chuckled mischievously, teasingly adding, "If I have to go searching again, who knows, I might accidentally walk into another guy's room and find him standing there in just a towel!" Her playful tone aimed to lighten the mood, acknowledging the awkwardness of the situation while also poking fun at Avinash's earlier concern.

"Damn it," Avinash muttered as he looked down and realized he was standing in nothing but a towel. His face flushed with embarrassment, Taking a deep breath to steady himself, he forced a smile and said,
"Don't worry, you can't see any other boy like this because I'm the only guy in this house," Avinash said, trying to hide his embarrassment.
He tried to sound confident, but the awkwardness of the situation was hard to ignore.

"I have no interest in seeing anyone in a towel like this," Amyra said teasingly.

"Yeah, right. Now, get out of my room," Avinash retorted, a playful smirk on his face as he tried to hide his embarrassment.