19

𝑁𝑜𝑤 𝑃𝑙𝑎𝑦𝑖𝑛𝑔  
𝄞⨾𓍢ִ໋  𝘽𝙍𝙀𝘼𝙏𝙃𝙀 𝄞⨾𓍢ִ໋
LeeHi

「愛なんかいらないってば」

𖣠

He pulled up in front of your apartment complex, the car coming to a gentle stop. As he shifted into park, a deep sigh escaped his lips, filled with a mix of relief and fatigue. He turned his head to the right, his eyes softening as he saw you slightly dozing off, your head leaning against the window. The rhythm of your breathing was slow and steady, and a small, affectionate laugh bubbled up from his chest when he saw your head dip down, only to jerk back up as you fought off sleep.

"We're here?" you murmured, your voice thick with drowsiness. You stretched in the passenger seat, your limbs heavy and uncooperative, and let out a long yawn. He responded with a simple hum of affirmation, the sound vibrating through the quiet car.

You didn't say anything else, your body moving on autopilot as you reached for the car handle to open the door. But just like the previous times, his hand was quicker, gently wrapping around your forearm to stop you.

The warmth of his touch was familiar and reassuring.

You turned your head towards him, your eyes half-lidded and bleary with sleep. He met your gaze with a tender smile, one that crinkled the corners of his eyes and spoke volumes without a single word.

He slipped out of the car, the door closing with a soft thud, and walked around to your side. You watched him through the window, your vision slightly blurred, but the sight of him moving with such care and purpose brought a sleepy smile to your face. He opened your door with a quiet click, extending his hand towards you.

You took his hand, feeling the strength and gentleness in his grip as he helped you out of the car. Your legs felt wobbly, and you leaned on him for support, your eyes fluttering open and closed as you tried to shake off the remnants of sleep. Once you were on your feet, you dusted off your clothes, the cool night air brushing against your skin and waking you up a bit more. He closed the car door behind you, the sound echoing softly in the stillness of the night.

All you wanted to do right now was change out of your clothes and crash, given that it was already 2 AM. The fireworks had just ended a few minutes ago, and you managed to stay awake throughout the entire display, captivated by the spectacle above you on the yakatabune. The vibrant colors and patterns painted the night sky, each burst of light reflecting off the calm waters below, creating a mesmerizing dance of illumination that held your attention until the very end.

You glanced up at the man standing in front of you, leaning against his sleek car, his posture relaxed yet expectant. Gojo's eyes were fixed on you, a silent question lingering in the air between you both, waiting to see if you had anything to say before he spoke.