6 years old

Note: this is to get you all familiair with Eva. the picture i use for the 6 year old is AI generated using the name of the Actress that plays Eva. the later pictures are of the actress herself. (Angela Schijf) for the dutchies: hi nice to see you all. you all know Eva send me a message or a coment down below what you think i need to put in Eva (and the others) so the english folks will love her the way we do. 

(vertaald als dat makkelijker leest.) 

ik wil de Engelse lezers hier ook kennis laten maken met ons gouden viertal. deze gaat uit sluitend over Eva(de andere komen er wel in voor maar dit boek is om eva te leren kennen) wat vinden jullie dat ik over Eva moet beschrijven zo dat die engelse net zo veel van haar gaan houden als wij al doen vertel het me in de reacties of stuur me een berichtje. End note: 

"Eva, wake up," a boy said as he banged on her door. "You have to go to school, wake up," a little girl sat up in her bunk bed. "I'm coming!" Her light brown hair fell down her back in a mess. Her grey eyes still had some redness in them. She had obviously been crying. She got up and dressed in her favourite black t-shirt and blue jeans and headed downstairs.

She found her brother and her father already sitting down at the breakfast table. "Good morning, darling," her father said. He had a can of beer in front of him as usual. "Come sit over here, Eva." Her brother said, pointing to the chair at the other end of the table next to him. So he sat down between her and his father.

"First day of first grade, Eva." her father said. She nodded her head. She was excited to be going to the big girl's school, as she called it, "School is stupid, Eva. Her brother said. "Oh shut up Maurice." Eva said.

After breakfast, Maurice took Eva to school on his bicycle. The day was pleasant enough, she felt like one of the big girls now. She was learning to read and write. She could even try to help Maurice who was struggling.

After supper, Eva was so tired. Her father came into the bedroom. He watched her sleep for a moment. He locked the door. "Wake up, baby," he said. She looked at him, "Daddy what are you doing here? "Shhh sweetie don't let Maurice know. It's OK."

It was the next day that Maurice realised that there was something very wrong with his little sister. She was very quiet, normally she was very strong minded and very talkative. Now she was sitting quietly at the breakfast table, looking out of the window. "Are you OK, Eve?" he asked her and she nodded. "Can we go to school now?" she asked, he was worried about her, "Sure, I'll get my bike and go."

He was afraid that his father had beaten her again and that he was not there to protect her. After breakfast he took Eva to school. It was careers day for Maurice, who was 10 years old. He had asked if Eva could join them for the day. his teacher agreed, and the first speaker was a nurse. As if he would ever do that. He liked the farmer best. He loved animals and gardening. There was also a policewoman. "Hello everyone, I am Marion Dreesen. She told them what she did for a living. Maurice had to ask her if she had ever shot anyone. Marion told him that she had just finished school and that she was lucky not to have had to use her gun yet. And that she always hoped to end situations peacefully. "Who solves the murders?" asked Eva. She had watched old detective series and liked what they did. "That's what the detectives do, sweetheart, I'm just an officer," she said. Eva knew one thing. She wanted to be a detective one day.