Chapter 21: The Anonymous Call

[warning: unedited chapter ahead]

NO EXACT WORDS could explain my happiness at that moment. I could kiss the ground and thank the heavens all night long. Luckily, it was just a nightmare. The story didn't end tonight, therefore, I have to end the story my way.

I have to end Morgan before she could end me.

"Let's go!"

Rayne and Deanna walked inside the school premises while I stopped dead in my tracks when my phone rang. An unknown number called, and I was having second thoughts answering the call.

My attention was diverted to Rayne when she called my name from a distant. I decided not to answer my phone and followed my friends inside to check why the siren rang. Everyone gathered around the garden and I could see blood flowing on the ground.

"What happened?" Rayne asked the person standing in front of her.

"No one saw what exactly happened," Lianne replied, still her eyes fixed on the stage, where they found the dead body. "But Kate saw that she jumped from the rooftop."

"Wait a minute," I said and pushed myself through the crowd. "Who died, by the way?"

As soon as I reached in front, I almost puked upon seeing the dead body of Stesha. Her eyes were wide open, but there were no eyeballs. Her mouth was wide open, but the tongue was already missing.

What happened to Stesha?

It would abosutely be crazy if she committed suicide. From what I said? Weird. It wasn't that harsh compared to what she did to me all this time, and what did she expect when I had no control over Morgan? Stupid.

I smirked before walking away from the scene. "That's why you should never stole something precious to me, Stesh. Nontheless, you deserve to be buried six meters down below and return your body into ashes."

"Your phone kept ringing, Miss. It must be an important call." The nurse smiled at me and pointed to my phone I was holding.

I sadly smiled back. "Don't worry, Miss. Scammers calls everyone now and then."

"Okay, then."

The nurse went on her away while I stayed in front of the Emergency Room for a couple of minutes. I sighed and answered the call in annoyance. I knew so well the owner of the mobile number, but I chose not to save it in order to maintain a peaceful life, which I didn't get because of her friends cruelty.

Maybe my life would be better if I didn't accept the scholarship.

Maybe my life would be different if I chose to pursue another career path.

Maybe. . . just maybe my life would be peaceful when my father didn't die in the first place.

"What did you to mom?" she asked in a harsh tone after accepting her call. "Did you also wish for her death? Why are you doing this to my family? Are you that desperate for an attention, Michelle? Are you happy now?"

"What did you just say?" my voice raised as I walked outside the hospital, so I wouldn't disturb other people. "Before your family came into the picture, my mother was my family first. Your dad stole her away from me!"

"Your mom chose us, Michelle. Don't you get it? You're just a speck of a dust in this tiny world."

"Really? Are you hearing yourself now, Stesha? If you didn't leech on Dawn when school started, you're just no one at La Trinidad."

"Watch your words and remember your place, Michelle. I can-"

"No," I said, cutting her off guard. "You're the one who should remember your place, Michelle. Maybe you forgot that I am the current student council president of La Trinidad. I can do whatever I want, and speaking of which, you're no longer the Treasurer of council."

"You can't just do that to me, Mich!"

"I can," I replied with a smirked. "Watch me takeover control of the school. I will make you pay, Stesha Laure."

I ended the call before she could retort back with an empty threat. With one final glance at the hospital, I walked away to get back to the school premises.

"See you in hell, my dearest step-sister!"

When my mother remarried, she chose a Laure. A typical rich family, who treated poor people like their helper. Well, my mother was an exception because of my step-father. However, they didn't fully accepted me in the Laure family as to why I wanted to stay in the dormitory even though we had a choice to go home after class.

But before I could walk away from the scene, someone from the crowd grabbed my hand and dragged me to somewhere uncrowded. My forehead creased even more upon seeing the face of Mike or should I say, Mikael la Trinidad.

What did he want from me?

"I called your mobile number many times," he said as his eyes landed on my phone that I was still holding so tight like my life depend on it. "But you didn't answer even a single call."

"I don't answer unregistered number, officer." I said as an excuse.

He rolled his eyes and took a deep breath. "Anyway, the hospital informed me that your mother didn't make it. . . I'm sorry."

Tweet your thoughts and use #2311 on Instagram, Facebook, or X