9. Ek Jhalak

A R S H I

After buying fruits,I had some a little money left,so I gifted myself a chocolate. On the way back to home,while munching on my chocolate, my mind recalled the guy whom I helped a few minutes ago. I stopped. "Did he reach the hotel?" I sighed."I wish I could ask him for a ride in his McLaren- what the hell Arshi? What are your thoughts?" I cursed myself and started walking.

As soon as I reached home, I saw my house beautifully decorated with flowers and lights. "You got the fruits?" Rudra asked. "Yes, yes..." I handed over the bag to him.

I changed my clothes, wore a simple kurti, and came down to help others. I didn't remove my handkerchief from my neck because I knew everyone would look at me as if I were a strange creature.

I was about to start sewing garland for Ma Durga, but flowers were not present in the puja room. I called out Rudra, "Rudra!" He came running,"yea?" I looked at him."Go and call the flowerseller,he didn't bring the flowers yet!" I ordered. He just stared at me bombastically, I looked at him innocently. "What happened?" I said in a baby voice
"Nothing, just watching how someone is ordering me." He said sarcastically.  I smiled. "Go nah!" He left.

                          ______________

A N K I T  JI

ON CALL

Me: Hello?

Unknown: Speak!

Me: I heard you already arrived here.

Unknown: Yes, but this is not the boss's number. You call him directly. I am his secretary Dominic.

Me:Oh, could you please share?

Dominic: 9078xxxxxxx

Me: Thank you, sir.

END CALL

I jotted down the number in a piece of paper, I was about to call it, but my wife barged into the room. "Can you please bring me the wooden chair from the basement? I will be in the hall room bring it there, " Srishti said. "Okay." I left the room

                         ___________________

R U D R A

I knocked at Uncle's room door,but no one replied. Instead, I found out that no one was inside the room, so I just barged in. I kept looking for a piece of paper on which the flower seller number was jotted, as Thamma said to me.

I was searching and searching and finally I found the paper on the table. I grabbed the paper and visited Arshi, who was waiting for me.

I handed her the paper "Dial this number and contact him," I said before leaving.

                          ________________

A R S H I

10 minutes had passed, but still, that little chipmunk didn't come. "Is he dead or what? How long does it take to call a person?" Finally,after 10 decades later,Rudra came with a chit paper in his hand. He passed me the paper and told me to call him. Before I could say anything, he left.

I pouted. "Couldn't he just call him?" I grabbed my phone and dialed the number. The first call ended, but the second time, it was ringing. I waited patiently for the guy to pick up the call.

                         ________________

R U N E

I braked my car in front of the  hotels' gate, and Dominic ran up to my car. I got down and passed him the keys. "Park the car," I ordered and walked in.